Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dradco
Channel Surfer

[OS 11.5] Roku 4620 won't stay connected to wireless network

I updated my Roku 4620x 2 days ago.

It won't stay connected to the WiFi. After 1 show if it does complete it it stops and I have to reboot the Roku and keep try to connect to get back online. I keep getting connection error messages I e never seen before and I've had this unit for years. Never had problems till I updated 2 days ago. Now I can't even use it. I need to uninstall this new update 11.5.0 build 4216-29. 

Model: Roku 4620X - Roku Premiere

Serial Number: YT00CU097575

Software Version: 11.5.0 Build 4216-29

Device ID:7J968C097575

Please send my unit a roll back update Thank you  

Regards
dradco

8 REPLIES 8
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: [OS 11.5] Roku 4620 won't stay connected to wireless network

@Dradco

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us with a tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times) as well as a screenshot of what you are seeing on screen when this issue occurs.

Once we have more detailed information, we will be able to investigate the issue further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Dradco
Channel Surfer

20221015_113408.jpg

I was in the middle of watching HBO and as soon as the episode was completed the Roku once again went to flashing light on the Roku and black screen. This is the issue tracker. Now will you please just roll back my Roku 4620X please. I never had any problems until the day I installed this update. 

Regards

Dradco 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Dradco,

Thanks for providing the information needed!

What wireless frequency are you currently using to connect to your Roku device?

Please keep us posted and we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Nanny1964

I've been having the same problem too and it's getting pretty freaking frustrating has anybody figured this whole thing out I'll be right in the middle of watching a good program and all the sudden the Roku goes off and says I'm not connected

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Nanny1964,

Thanks for continuing to share what you're observing.

We are currently aware and our engineering team has been investigating this issue closely. In the meantime, please help us with the required details below so we to send additional information for the investigation to our engineering team:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-what are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue or error message
-what wireless frequency are you currently using to connect to your Roku device?
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Please keep us posted with the details.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Dradco
Channel Surfer

I'm not sure what your asking but I'm currently using a TMobile WiFi internet modem. 

LTE Wi-Fi Gateway.

• Battery
    • Disabled. Light will always show red. (Refer to Internet Gateway device support for more information.)
    • Battery size: 5200 mAh
  • AC Adapter
    • 24W
    • 12V / 2A            
  • Dimensions (W x H)
    • 6.69 x  4.88 in (170mm x 124mm)
  • Operating Temperature Range
    • -20 – 45 °C (-4°F - 113 °F)
  • Connections
    • Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n
    • WPA2 Wi-Fi Security
    • Ethernet plugs 2xRJ-45 
    • USB 2.0 Micro USB connector (for professional service only)
    • Maximum recommended devices: 10 devices per band
      • 10 on 5 GHz
      • 10 on 2.4 GHz
  • Network
    • 4G LTE bands: B2, B4, B5, B12, B66, B71
    • 3G / 4G bands: 1, 2, 4, 5, 8
    • Hope this helps
    • Regards Dradco
0 Kudos
hallst2014

I have 2 different Roku streaming sticks.  Just recently can't get either one to connect to WIFI.  Followed all the trouble shooting tips numerous times.  All other devices in the house have no problems.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@hallst2014

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are you seeing on screen? What are the steps to reproduce the issue? What is the brand and model of the router you are connecting to? Who is your ISP (internet service provider)?

For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried connecting your Roku device to an alternate wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you are experiencing the same issue?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos