Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kari331
Reel Rookie

Not connecting to wireless Internet

I tried unplugging the TV, removing my saved wifi info, turning the modem on and off and the Roku TVs won't work. My non Roku smart TV's work perfectly fine. It's a Philips model number 55PFL4864/F7A made in March 2020 if that matters 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Not connecting to wireless Internet

Hi @Kari331,

Thanks for the first post in the Roku Community!

We're sorry for any inconvenience that it may have caused you. We appreciate the troubleshooting steps that you've performed to try to resolve the issue. We'd be delighted to take a closer look to see how we can assist. Do you receive an error code or message when connecting to the network? Did you try to connect the device to your home network or to the router?

Also, we suggest trying to connect your Roku device to an alternative network connection, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if this will make any difference.

Please keep us posted, and we'll continue assisting you from there.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
Kari331
Reel Rookie

I tried 2 different hotspots and it wouldn't connect. The error was 014.50 and I was entering the right password for hours

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Kari331,

Thank you for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

We understand you're having trouble connecting your Roku TV to your network. We're happy to assist you further. Please check out this support article here on how to connect your Roku streaming device to the internet using Wi-Fi or Ethernet.

We hope this helps, and please keep us posted if you need anything else.

Best regards,                                                                                                                                            John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kari331
Reel Rookie

That link won't help. The TV has been working fine for years and now it doesn't.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Kari331,

Thank you for the update!

We'd love to further investigate this problem that you're having with the Roku TV. Can you please provide the following information below?

• Did we recently make any changes to your network or network provider?
  • How are you trying to connect to your network? Is it via a wired or wireless connection?
  • How many devices do you have connected to your network right now? (e.g., TV, mobile phone, laptops, computer)
  • Are your other devices able to connect to the network without any issues or latency?

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,                                                                                                                                                John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jesterpa

I am having this exact same issue. I've repeatedly checked all connections, did the network settings reset, changed batteries, all to no avail.  I checked my internet connections on my other devices, and all are fine.

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello! @Jesterpa,

We're thrilled to have you join us here in the Roku Community!

Thank you for reaching out to us about your Roku device's Wi-Fi connectivity issue. We are happy to help you with this.

• What Roku device are you using right now?
  • Is this the first time you set up this Roku TV/device?
  • When trying to connect to your network, what do you see on your screen?
  • Do you have cellular data so we can try connecting your device to your hotspot?

Please keep us posted on what you find out, and we will be happy to continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
coronach
Reel Rookie

I have just upgraded my Vodafone Broadband to full fibre. My Roku SE (which worked perfectly with the old router) can now not find the new router even in the same room. I assumed it had broken and bought a replacement unit only to find exactly the same problem. I phoned Vodafone who insisted that, despite my Roku recognising all my neighbours various routers, that my router was working perfectly and that the problem was not theirs but Roku's. I then did an internet search to discover that there are many, many people who have had the same issue. This MUST be a known problem with a known solution. May I have it please???

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@coronach-

I am interpreting your post to say your Roku's WiFi scan sees neighboring WiFi systems, but not yours.

I expect your Roku SE is a lower end unit which has single band WiFi that can only "see" and connect to the 2.4 GHz WiFi band, on channels 1-11 as are used in North America. 

If your Vodaphone system has its 2.4 GHz WiFi band turned off and is using only the 5 GHz band, or is using 2.4 GHz channels 12-14 as are used in other regions, your Roku will not see it.   For those other devices that are connecting, what channel number do they report they are using?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X