Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not connecting to WiFi or remote

Have had my stick for 2 years without any issues.  All of a sudden it doesn’t connect to WiFi or the remote. Did all troubleshooting recommended by Roku community. All Roku designated answers required personal info like serial number and up address. Please advise. 

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Not connecting to WiFi or remote

Hi @Jasondubin79,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting in the Roku Community!
We'd like to understand this concern better. By answering the following, we'll be able to assess this further:

• Did you make any recent changes to your network? If so, try to reboot your wireless network by unplugging the router from the power source and plugging it back in.
  • Did you try changing the wireless channel on your network to see if that had any effect?
  • Have you tried resetting the network connection on your device by going to Settings > System > Advanced System Settings > Reset Network? If not, kindly try doing so, and once done, try to set up the network once more.
  • Do you have cellular data so we can try connecting your device to your hotspot? This is crucial in confirming whether the issue lies on the network or the device itself.

Once a few more pieces of information have been gathered, we can investigate this one to a great extent. We hope to hear back from you soon.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MDU
Channel Surfer

My streaming stick just keeps disconnecting intermittently from my network. Have to restart the ROKU stick every time to connect for 20 minutes approximately.  Never had this issue before.  All my other devices stay connected fine.  This is happening with both my Roku sticks.  Have already tried resetting network.  Nothing works.

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @MDU,

Thank you for your post!

We value the knowledge you have provided us. You said that both of your devices are affected by the problem. This could imply that your network may be the issue rather than the device. Given that, could you please let us know if you have tested another network source, such as a hotspot, to compare? Also, how far are these devices from your router? Lastly, have you considered using an HDMI extender for your Roku sticks? If not, we recommend you do so, as this may help stabilize the connection within the device.

Kindly inform us of your findings.

Best regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ddvorak918

Neither tv with Roku will connect to Wi-Fi but the tv without Roku connects fine. Any ideas??

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello! @Ddvorak918,

A warm welcome from the Roku Community!

Thank you for getting in touch with us. We're looking into this immediately.

• What device are you using right now?
  • Is this the first time you set up this Roku TV/device?
  • Have you tried changing your wireless network channel?
  • Do you have cellular data so we can try connecting your device to your hotspot?

In the meantime, please try selecting the 2.4 GHz band of your network for all your Roku devices and see if the connection stabilizes.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MDU
Channel Surfer

I think I got on the wrong thread here.  I have started my own regarding my problem which is:

After a year of no problems, My ROKU keeps disconnecting from my network.  My remote is fine.  VIA the response I got on my own thread, I have ordered HDMI extenders to see if that helps.  All my other devices connect fine and stay connected.  My network is with Xfinity but same thing happens with a hotspot.  I will let the community know on my thread @MDU if the extenders help.  I've pretty much eliminated issues other than the ROKU device.  Good luck Ddvorak918

0 Kudos