Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Not connected all day issues no help

Hi @LibbyG,

Greetings!

Thanks for reaching out to us here for support, and we appreciate your efforts in attempting to resolve the issue. Here are some troubleshooting steps that commonly resolve network connectivity issues:

• Network Connection Reset - Navigate to Settings > System > Advance System Settings > Network Connection Reset.
  • System Restart - Navigate to Settings - System - Power > (skip if no sub-menu) System Restart.
  • Restart your router/modem.
  • Factory reset (last option) For more information about how to perform a factory reset on a Roku device, visit our Support page here: System restart or factory reset your streaming device

We hope this works, and tell us more about what you find out.

Wishing you the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ShinyHobbit
Reel Rookie

I am having this issue as well. It is happening on two different devices. They can't connect to our wifi at all when everything else in the house is fine. Restarting doesn't make any difference. We even tried to do a factory reset, but the issue persists.

0 Kudos
ShinyHobbit
Reel Rookie

We got the issue fixed! What solved it for us was restarting our router and then doing a factory reset on our Roku device. If restarting the router doesn't resolve the issue, then I would definitely suggest doing a factory reset on the Roku device having the issue.

ladeedadee
Reel Rookie

Unfortunately, a factory reset (multiple times) was one of the troubleshooting steps I tried, along with restarting my Roku (multiple times) and restarting my router (multiple times) and still nothing. Unfortunately, It continues not to work. I’m glad it’s working for someone though, because I can tell you this is a huge headache and I’m switching to another device 

0 Kudos
ladeedadee
Reel Rookie

It’s a Roku express and I tried restarting my router (multiple times), restarting the actual device (multiple times), connecting to my hotspot, then ultimately factory resetting 3x and nothing worked. I even thought maybe it was my tv, but I hooked up another device to it and it worked fine. So, it’s the Roku, not the tv, not the internet. I’ve never moved my router so there’s no obstruction. I even tried changing the hdmi cord to all 3 outlets in the back of my tv, in case one of the outlets had a short or something, but still nothing. A complete waste of money 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @ladeedadee,

Thanks for the post.

We assure you that we have acknowledged your concern regarding the Roku Express not maintaining a connection to your network. One last suggestion we recommend is to try to connect to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot or other network connection. 

If your Roku device is still not connecting to an alternate network, please inform us here.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ladeedadee
Reel Rookie

In my other reply from today, I had advised that I had already tried connecting it to my hotspot. This also did not work 

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello @ladeedadee,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. We sincerely appreciate all the troubleshooting steps you took to resolve this concern.

When you mentioned you had hooked up another device on the TV, was it another Roku streaming player? We want to clarify if the issue happens on all your Roku devices. Also, when going to Settings > Network > Set up connection, are you seeing any error codes?

Kindly keep us posted.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.