Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Relampago

Not connected all day issues no help

I have had issues all day with this it keeps saying #not connected I reset my Router and even called my internet provider and still nothing everything in my has the needs wifi is working except Rokus in my house does anyone have any idea what to do next I talked with someone over the phone from Roku and all they said was contact you internet provider. Well that didn’t work

0 Kudos
17 REPLIES 17
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Not connected all day issues no help

What happens when you go through the procedure under Settings->Network->Set up connection->Wireless?  Do you get any error messages or codes?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Hellion77

I can connect using a mobile hotspot from my phone but can't connect with my modem or wifi hotspot even though it tells me it is connected and the connection is excellent.  I've restarted the tv and the modem to no avail.  Any ideas?

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Hellion77,

Greetings and welcome to the Roku Community.

We want to thank you for sharing this information with us, and we understand your concern. Have you tried contacting your internet service provider to see what resolution they can provide with this? Since your Roku device was able to connect to a mobile hotspot, there might be an issue with the wireless connection on your modem/ISP. 

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Hall1
Reel Rookie

My Roku's also stopped working today..  they connect, but then disconnect soon after. What is going on Roku?

0 Kudos
Hall1
Reel Rookie

I get error code 003 during the software update...

0 Kudos
Hall1
Reel Rookie

my wifi also kept dropping out and when i did a reset it hung up on software updates - error code 003.

the only thing I could think to do was setup my phone as a hotspot and connect to it - by doing this i was able to get the update to pass ..  

its going through its setup process and then I'll test switching over to my home router and shut the phone hotspot off.      ... so now it connects to the home router (NightHawk) and the internet all is working now .. 

0 Kudos
ladeedadee
Reel Rookie

same here! this exact thing was happening a couple months ago, and I tried all of the troubleshooting steps to no avail. Literally everything else in my home that's connected to my wifi was working just fine; it was only the roku that wouldn't connect. I tried reaching out to roku support and it was a long, fruitless process, seeing as how they just told me to try all the steps that I had already tried on my own. After all that, they told me that my roku was outdated and I needed to get a new one (go figure, right). I did, and THE EXACT SAME THING IS HAPPENING! This is beginning to give "Scam" vibes, where you buy a roku, it works for a bit, then it stops working and now it's suddenly outdated and you have to buy a new one. I'm fed up with this thing! If you figure out how to get yours back working, please comment.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Hall1 @ladeedadee,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We understand the network issue you've encountered, we would like to know more about this so we can find the best solution and fix this issue. May we know what Roku device are you using? in addition, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve the issue?

Furthermore, have you tried connecting to an alternative network such as a mobile hotspot to see if you're able to maintain a connection? 

Your response would be much appreciated.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LibbyG

We are having the same issue with our Roku Ultra.  It was working fine, has been since we got it several years ago, and then suddenly yesterday it wouldn't connect.  We did all the things Roku support suggested, including hotspot on my iphone, and they said to contact our network provider, AT&T.  But our computers work fine, so there's nothing wrong with our router.  I still contacted AT&T and they found no issues with our network.  What can we do?  I don't really want to buy another device, especially since someone on here said the same thing happened with it after a while!!  

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.