Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No signal trying to reset stick

I have a Roku stick that I no longer have the original remote for. I tried to do a reset on it and now it just gives me a no signal on my Vizio TV and has a very faint continuous white blinking. Before the reset the home screen appeared.

I have another remote I wanted to pair with it but I don't have Wi-Fi connected to the device now that I'm at a new place.

5 REPLIES 5
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: No signal trying to reset stick

Hi @thesmithshow 

Thanks for the post.

These are the most common reasons you may not see the picture on your TV:

1. You have the wrong input (source) selected on your TV
    • You must select the input (sometimes referred to as source) that matches the one to which you have the Roku player connected.
  2. The video cable is not connected properly or the cable is faulty
    • Check that the video cable is firmly connected to the back of your Roku player and to the HDMI or composite connector on the TV. If you have a Roku Streaming Stick, then make sure it is firmly connected to the HDMI connector on your TV.
    • If you can, check to see if you have a faulty cable by connecting your Roku player with a different cable.
  3. There is a problem with the TV
    • If you can, try connecting the Roku player to a different input on the TV to see if the problem is with connector on the TV.
    • If you can, try connecting the Roku player to a different television to see if the problem is with your Roku player or the TV.
  4. Enable CEC or disable auto power savings
    • If you do not see a picture after pressing a button on your Roku remote, it is possible that your player cannot "wake up" your TV over the HDMI connection. To fix this, make sure that HDMI-CEC is enabled on your TV. If you prefer your player never enters the low power mode, you can disable auto power savings.
  5. There is a problem with the USB power adaptor, or the adaptor does not meet requirements
    • It is possible your Roku player is not receiving enough power, even if the power light is on. This happens sometimes if you connect your Roku player through a third-party device with a USB/AC power adaptor that does not meet more recent USB standards. Try a different power adaptor or try plugging your Roku player directly into a power source. For more information, learn what to do if the red light is flashing or you see a "low-power" warning.
  6. If all else fails…
    • Disconnect and reconnect all cables including the power cable.

For more information, check out this link: What to do if you cannot see the picture from your Roku® streaming player on your TV

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos

Thx. I tried those things but it didn't work. Definitely had connection before I hit the reset button.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@thesmithshow 

Thanks for the prompt response. 

Please reply here with the serial number of the affected Roku device. This can be found on the back of the stick itself. We'll be able to further assist you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@thesmithshow 

If you did a factory reset on a Roku device and don't have the remote, you will need a remote that is compatible with the Stick.

You say you have another remote. If it's a Roku Simple Remote, it's an infrared (IR) remote and will not work with a Roku Stick. You'd need a Roku Voice Remote ($20; $30 for the Pro version).

However, the issue with nothing showing on the screen has nothing to do with a remote, so don't spend your money until you have something on the screen.

It is possible that the Roku Stick is defective, and it went bad about the same time as the factory reset. Along that line, I have a question.

What was going on that you thought a Factory Reset would be a good idea? That's usually only done when there is something wrong with the device. So what was wrong that you tried to fix with Factory Reset? That could be some information that might explain what's going on.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

Harleyguy8980
Reel Rookie

Hello, like you I tried everything I could find on the internet and nothing worked. I was going to give up when I came across an article that mentioned the display setting.  When I changed the display setting on Roku from automatic to 1080p it worked! Now it’s been a few days and still working.  No more signal not found error on my screen.

Sincerely, hope my experience and solution with this issue saves someone a lot of time and frustration.  🙂