Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ColoradoGM
Reel Rookie

No power to streaming stick, but cord and adapter both good

I've had my stick for a couple of years.  It worked the last time I used it, a couple of weeks ago.  Now it gives me "no signal" whether it's plugged into HDMI port 1 or port 2.  No lights come on when plugged in.   The reset button has no visible effect.  I've also tried plugging it into the TV's USB port with no result.  I tested the power adapter and cord by plugging them into an inductive phone charging plate and confirmed that power flows through them; they will charge my phone. It appears that the stick itself is not receiving power, even though the cord and charger can deliver it.  I don't have a second Roku stick to test them with.

Device ID CT3045529017 Lot # 2189043804 ( I saved the box)

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: No power to streaming stick, but cord and adapter both good

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @ColoradoGM.

It is highly appreciated that you have provided us with precise information about your concern regarding the power stability of your Roku Streaming Stick. We'd be more than happy to find you the best resolution for this and help you get back on streaming. 

Before we proceed, may we know how are you powering your device while it's plugged into the HDMI port of your TV? Is it also directly plugged into a power outlet? In this instance, it may be possible that it needs more power to function and it is highly suggested to plug it directly into a power source. 

We'll be anticipating your response as we are more than eager to provide you with an accurate resolution.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ColoradoGM
Reel Rookie

Yes, its power adapter (the one it came with) is plugged into a wall outlet.  When it stopped working I did also try plugging its USB power cord into the TV's USB port, but that didn't work either.  I've verified the wall outlet is live by plugging other appliances into it.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@ColoradoGM,

We're sorry for not getting back to you sooner, and thanks for the update!

After looking over your account, we've determined that this device no longer within warranty, and it's probably on its way out.

For more help, I've sent you a private message.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos