Lights & power

Add Roku lights and smart plugs to your smart home. Learn how it works with virtual assistants, get troubleshooting tips, and find resources from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No name brand lightbulb security camera

Is it possible to add a no name brand security camera to my Roku account 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Dfresh567
Roku Guru

Re: No name brand lightbulb security camera

@Butterfly60 

Interesting question and I could be wrong but I don't believe you'll be able to use a non roku device/camera on the Roku Smart Home App.

Two other thoughts came to mind that I thought might be worth sharing. A lot of the cheap cams you can find out there only work with P2P (Point-to-Point). Basically you scan a QR code or put in an ID number and it connects via your Wi-Fi to an offshore server. I'd be careful with this but that's just me.

I only use Roku branded cameras, lights, and security products and have the Roku Smart home app and have found it great. The one thing I can think of is i've seen an App on Roku TV called IP Camera Viewer Pro. There's a basic and a paid Pro version. I'm not very familiar with with it but if you typed IP Camera Viewer into the search bar on your Roku TV it should pop up and you can take a look. I can't vouch for it though since I've never used it or know anyone how has.

One last thing I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for but Roku has a handful of different camera options on their website and they go on sale from time to time too. I'd take a look there. Maybe you'd find something that fits your needs and budget.

Best of luck

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.