Lights & power

Add Roku lights and smart plugs to your smart home. Learn how it works with virtual assistants, get troubleshooting tips, and find resources from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RayneStorm

1 out of 3 lightbulbs disconnected and won't reconnect

Jump to solution

About 2 months ago I set up 3 Roku smart lights in my bedroom (right next to the router). Then last night one of the lights became unresponsive. I checked the app and it said it was disconnected, yet when I clicked it, it said the signal strength was strong. It wouldn't do anything so I deleted it from the app. I tried to factory reset it( turning off and on 3 times) but it wouldn't go into pairing mode, so when I search for it, it can't be found. Now it's just a normal light that I have to turn off and on manually. I've searched for hours for a solution and found none. If there can't be any trouble shooting I would like a refund.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: 1 out of 3 lightbulbs disconnected and won't reconnect

Jump to solution

Hi @RayneStorm,

Welcome, and thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We're glad to assist you with your problem with your Roku Smart bulb. Please follow the troubleshooting steps below:

1. Ensure the lamp or fixture is switched on and powered before confirming that the bulb is properly seated.
  2. Turn off the switch that operates the light bulb for five seconds, then turn it back on to "power cycle" the lightbulb.
  3. If this is an isolated incident, factory reset the device by turning it off and on three times and reconfiguring it.
  4. Check to ensure the "Power Loss Recovery" setting is set to "Turn the lights on".
  5. Try to move the bulb to a different location to determine if there is an issue with the original location.
  6. Restart your modem and router. Ensure the mobile device's wireless network name is accurate and the WiFi can support 2.4 GHz devices.

Let us know how it goes.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: 1 out of 3 lightbulbs disconnected and won't reconnect

Jump to solution

Hi @RayneStorm,

Welcome, and thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We're glad to assist you with your problem with your Roku Smart bulb. Please follow the troubleshooting steps below:

1. Ensure the lamp or fixture is switched on and powered before confirming that the bulb is properly seated.
  2. Turn off the switch that operates the light bulb for five seconds, then turn it back on to "power cycle" the lightbulb.
  3. If this is an isolated incident, factory reset the device by turning it off and on three times and reconfiguring it.
  4. Check to ensure the "Power Loss Recovery" setting is set to "Turn the lights on".
  5. Try to move the bulb to a different location to determine if there is an issue with the original location.
  6. Restart your modem and router. Ensure the mobile device's wireless network name is accurate and the WiFi can support 2.4 GHz devices.

Let us know how it goes.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.