Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
clevend

Need help with WiFi connectivity

I just bought a Roku wireless ultra. I tried to set it up but it keeps saying no connection.

Yes I've restarted my router Yes I restarted the device

**bleep** I even opened up my WiFi so I didn't have to put a password in and that didn't work, I tried other open wifi nothing. I reset my password. Nothing

What is going on?

Literally all Roku says is to "restart router and device, and I've done that at least 12 times

Can anyone help?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Need help with WiFi connectivity

Hi @clevend

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

Could you tell us who your internet service provider is? If it's Comcast or ATT, we would recommend changing your router settings for the 2.4 GHz band from g/n to b/g/n, as customers have stated that this helped resolve their issue.

Keep us posted!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Need help with WiFi connectivity

@clevend 

What is the router model number and your ISP (internet service provider)?  Also what is model number of Ultra. (Settings/System/About).

---

Initial test to check wireless capability of the Roku device is to try and connect to mobile hotspot if available.  If able to connect to hotspot, then often just a network issue that needs to be addressed.

Provide some details, what is occuring.  Also some error messages should be being produced (14.30 or 14.40, etc).

Ensuring your 2.4 ghz band is configured to use b/g/n wireless mode as suggested by @RokuKariza-D should at least get your Ultra connected to the 2.4ghz band if this band is enabled and broadcasting.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos