Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eddiewat
Reel Rookie

My Roku remote app cannot find my device.

Hi -- I recently had to buy a new advanced wireless receiver, and it immediately worked; but now, after a couple weeks, my Roku remote app cannot find my device. I tried deleting the device and activating it again, but the app still cannot find the device. I have a model 3810X.

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: My Roku remote app cannot find my device.

Hi, @eddiewat 

It's a pleasure to welcome you here in the Roku Community.

We understand that you're having an issue with the Roku mobile app unable to find your Roku device, and we'd be more than willing to assist. Here are the steps we'd like you to try performing as troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue.

1. Uninstall the Roku mobile app.
  2. Re-install the Roku mobile app, and sign in once again with your Roku account credentials.
  3. Restart your Roku device from Settings > System > Power > System Restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).
  4. Make sure that your Roku device and mobile device are connected to the same network.

After performing the steps above, kindly check to see any improvements with the issue.

If the issue persists, please let us know so that we can assist you further.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jim1330
Reel Rookie

My 3810x is driving me nuts. Unplugging, rebooting, still, “no connection”. Then I noticed a quick notice that the advanced wireless receiver, was not found by Roku. Neither the Roku stick, nor the remote Wood, function. Help, I’ve tried everything

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @jim1330,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having a problem with the Roku remote app, and thanks for the troubleshooting steps you've taken to try to resolve the issue. Did you try the troubleshooting steps that have been provided above by @RokuTakashi?

If the problem persists, keep us posted on what you find out.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jim1330
Reel Rookie

My Roku stick will not start up other than to show me the screen with the apps, and above it says no connection. Just before that it flashes a notice saying the ADVANCED WIFI RECEIVER NOT FOUND. Since the remote works on Wi-Fi as does the Roku stick that is not connected, I can’t use the remote to navigate

0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @jim1330!

Greetings from the Roku Community!

The Advanced Wireless Receiver is an essential component of your Roku Streaming Stick+. It is a part of the USB power cable you need to connect to your streaming device. You can identify it by the label "Advanced Wireless Receiver."

Since you are facing some issues with your AWR, we recommend unplugging it and then plugging it back in. You may also try to connect the device to a different HMDI port. This often resolves connectivity issues and helps you to enjoy uninterrupted streaming. In addition, you can use an HDMI extender. To see if this will make a difference and to get a free HMDI extender, please visit our support page here: Roku HDMI extender.

If the issue continues to persist, please keep us posted.

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Billy8

I need to find the password to connect my wifi direct roku phone wifi to connect to my roku connected by HDMI. HOW DO I FIND THAT PASSWORD?

0 Kudos
RokuBernie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Billy8,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

We appreciate you posting your concern and choosing our support regarding your question about the password. 

We need to know the exact information about your situation. Were you asking for the password of your Roku account? Or are you referring to your WIFI password? If so, I advise you to contact your Internet service provider. They are the best team to provide information about your WIFI password.

Could you please clarify if it's the WIFI password or Roku password you need, so we can further assist you?

Best regards,
Bernie

Bernie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos