Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: My Onn TV won't stay connected to wifi even though I have a excellent internet connection

Jump to solution

Hi @Mixedbreed04,

Thank you for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

We'll be glad to assist you with your problem connecting your Roku TV to the network. Please be advised that Error 14.50 indicates connectivity issues. You will need to restart your router and Roku device to help clear the cache, improve internet speeds, and refresh the connection between your Roku device and network.

For reference and more details, you can check out this support article on common connection error codes and recommended actions.

Let us know how it goes, and we'll be glad to further assist you.

Kind regards,                                                                                                                                  Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TM_I
Channel Surfer

Re: My Onn TV won't stay connected to wifi even though I have a excellent internet connection

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue!  I’m so annoyed, this tv isn’t even 2 years old and already it’s having connectivity issues.  

I have reset the tv.  I have reset the network settings.  I’ve reset the default settings.  I’ve done a factory reset.  I’ve rebooted my modem and router.  I’ve swapped out my modem and router.  I’ve made sure that everything has been updated.  Nothing works, this isn’t a network issue it’s a device issue.  The TV is defective.  I’ll be looking at my warranty options next.  Paying additional money for a hotspot for one device, when all other devices connect to my high speed Wi-Fi with no issues, isn’t a solution.  It’s a cop out!

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @TM_I,

Thanks for reaching us here in the Roku Community!

We regret to hear about this. We'd like to take a deep look into this. Could you share with us the serial number of this Roku TV? This can be located from Settings>>System>>About.

Please keep us posted!

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TM_I
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

X0000008CA0S

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

@TM_I,

Thanks for the update and sorry for the late response!

I've dropped you a PM regarding this.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Diehlx5
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same issue here!  Onn. Roku TV is 3 years old.   Keeps dropping wifi connection even though all other devices are fine. Have done all the steps, reset modem, network settings, factory reset,  followed the steps on the remote for hard reset and clear cache, etc. nothing works!  Sometimes TV restarts out of the blue. Sometimes TV works for a few days with no issues, and other times won't stay connected for more than a few minutes. 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Diehlx5,
Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the Roku Community!

We see that you're experiencing the same issue on the network connectivity with your Roku TV and we'd like to take a step in here.

Does this issue also occur if you connect your Roku TV to any alternative network like a mobile hotspot? If you haven't tried it we would suggest so.

In addition, are there some changes recently that might be related to this?

Share with us a bit more of this so that we can further zoom in on it.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Diehlx5
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi Rey and thanks for following up.  This has been happening for 3-4 weeks... no recent changes.  I believe I tried a hot spot when this first occurred and had the same issue.  I don't recall for sure. I will try it again when this happens,  but honestly,  that's not a sustainable solution even if it does work.

0 Kudos
Cbenavidez

Jump to solution

I’m having the exact same problem with mine!

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

We're grateful to have you here in the Roku Community, @Cbenavidez!

Our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused your streaming. No worries! We'd be more than happy to further assist you in connecting your ONN Roku TV to a network connection. 

In this case, we suggest performing the following troubleshooting steps below:

• Reboot your network connection. (Ensure your Wi-Fi connection is stable and performing well. Sometimes, even with fiber optics, fluctuations in speed or signal strength can cause delays)
  • Check the signal strength of your Wi-Fi under Settings > Network > Check connection.
  • Connect your ONN Roku TV to an alternative network connection. Perhaps a mobile hotspot would do. 

Please keep us posted on how it goes and we'll continue assisting you from there. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos