Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Loosing internet connection and everything else in the house works still except the roku

Jump to solution

I have a tip for anyone this happens to. Mine kept doing this and everything said I had to change the channel I was on for internet, just a bunch of complicated steps that involved hours of hold times with my internet provider. DO THIS  INSTEAD! I never had another issue since. I went into my settings and Turned on Standby LED and enabled Fast TV start, this way your TV can be off and not disconnect from the internet each time. Works!

0 Kudos
lvcta21
Channel Surfer

Re: Loosing internet connection and everything else in the house works still except the roku

Jump to solution

My Roku doesn't have either of those options in the menu settings.

0 Kudos
dudubraun
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Regarding the very Roku Premiere-specific issue here....

I bit the bullet and ordered a Roku Ultra, with the idea of hardwiring it, if need be. So far after about 2 hours of WIRELESS viewing (in the afternoon and evening), nary a stutter. And image quality is consistently superior. (We watched all 6 seasons of "Bosch" on Prime that mostly looked like upscaled 360p on Roku Premiere. I watched 15 minutes of the penultimate episode again on Ultra and it was like the clouds had parted!)

0 Kudos
okulo
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

If the Roku Premiere has those options, I can't access them because in trying to fix the problem, I reset the Roku and now I cannot get past the WiFi connection part of the setup - if I press the home or back button on the remote, it just beeps.

0 Kudos
CantBeForReal
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Their new equipment seems to work for a time period and then suddenly is just doesn't work anymore. I don't know if it is a design flaw or an intentional "self-destruct" to make you buy another device, but I still think I'll stick to my path of replacing Roku in my home environment. Whether it is the lack of ability or intentional sabotage, Roku is a non-trusted brand at this point. If the Ultra holds up for 2 years, I might think about going back, but for now, my advice to all friends and family is to stay away from Roku.

0 Kudos
Bsk
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have this same issue on my Roku premiere,. I have tried everything mentioned here nothing had worked, it keeps losing internet connection and all my other devices are fine on the same router, is anybody from Roku team looking into this and trying to find a solution or they just ghosting and does not care for the customers or these basic complains.

0 Kudos
lvcta21
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

No. Roku is NOT looking in to this. They have your money, and that's all they care about.

0 Kudos
okulo
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

If you look at the first page of this thread and the original post, you will see a reply marked as the solution - this thread was marked as 'solved' when I joined it.

It may be that somebody actually has noticed that there is a problem - I tried to draw Roku's attention to it on Twitter.

For me, it hardly matters as I gave up on the Roku Premiere and I am using two four year old Roku Streaming Sticks which work fine. But I am genuinely very curious how Roku can fix this - if the device cannot connect to the internet, how can it download a firmware update? If I connect the Roku Premiere to my Mac via USB, it doesn't even appear as a device in System Information so it cannot be updated via USB so I would guess that if Roku were to be bothered at all about this, they would have to do a product recall.

Not cheap.

0 Kudos
davesmusic2212
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

My Roku ultra worked great for almost a week then bam.....cutting out and losing connection to WIFI. I did all the usual stuff....rebooting everything like modem,router,Roku, factory reset and I also plugged it directly to my ethernet cable at 230mbps. Still kicks back to the homescreen every minute or two. So I retuned the junk to Staples and got an Apple TV box. PROBLEM SOLVED

Fzee
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My Roku Ultra is hardwired but still loses the internet connection. As stated in other complaints, all else on the LAN works fine. So it's not my network, IT'S THE ROKU. The only thing that I need to do to get it working again is to remove power from the Roku for about 10 seconds, (NOT 10 MINUTES!), then plug it back in. IT'S THE ROKU! Do you understand? IT'S THE ROKU!

0 Kudos