Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thephridge
Reel Rookie

Re: Loosing internet connection and everything else in the house works still except the roku

Jump to solution

That only works for a day or so and then its back to the same problem

0 Kudos
thephridge
Reel Rookie

Re: Loosing internet connection and everything else in the house works still except the roku

Jump to solution

That only works for a day or so and then back to the same issue.

0 Kudos
dfmdep
Channel Surfer

Multiple Rokus of every shape and flavor,

Two different Routers. 

Everything in the house works except the Rokus. They all lose Internet and have to be restarted to connect.

Tired of this and the constant nagging from my better half.

Losing last shred of patience with Roku (I can buy other stuff too).

Is there no explanation or fix?

CantBeForReal
Streaming Star

Re: Useless

Jump to solution

Roku seems to be trying to work around the issue with customer service people who don't want to ask the tech group to fix it, or even what is causing it. I'm not sure if Roku let all of their programmers go during the pandemic or if they just couldn't care any less about the service their customers are receiving. But I am with you. We all have other choices and if Roku would like to ignore this, sticking their heads in the sand, then we can walk by all of their @sses in the air and work in a different technology into our home automation. To have to reset through a 20-minute process seems to be them congratulating themselves on a real fix. For us, it is completely destroying our home automation every time we want to watch TV. ROKU, if you even read messages on your own site, FIX THIS! Your players should have no issue on networks where every other device in the home pulls speeds of 100MB+. Whatever you did to throttle it to 0-3MB needs to be undone with a firmware update. We're not all going to buy new Roku's every time you sabotage your equipment. We're going to go to another company!! 

Klutz
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@dfmdep 

Allow me to throw this out there and do not kill the messenger. Everyone has something different.

People have more "stuff" on wifi now than ever.  TV's, PC's, phones, game systems, VOIP, printers, streamers, security, et al. And some have multiple children doing online ed - more devices, channels, traffic.  (It is so easy to let a friend connect their phone to your wifi - another device.)

Maybe try this, in order (do not factory reset anything);

Audit / identify every device on all routers (if you can), turn off/power off all devices(or wifi discinnect). Turn on modem, router & any critical systems (i.e. security - if you must).  Turn on Roku and leave as much off as possible, as long as you can, to see if Roku will maintain connection.  One at a time, add a device and see if there is a point that something will fail.  Mind you, every time a "smart phone" comes home, it will auto-connect.

This may not be the answer for everyone. It may work for someone.

0 Kudos
CantBeForReal
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Thank you, and of course will never kill the messenger... 🙂

Roku programmers are just not very good at what they do. I have 20 devices connected to WiFi, each reading 100MB+ speed (I have over 200). Roku's are the only devices (3 of them) that read less than 1MB each. They are just not created to accept much WiFi bandwidth. That would be fine except they detect a low WiFi speed. I think the most irritating thing is the error messages. It is not a low WiFi speed. Ever. It is right next to the WiFi box and my computer detects over 200MB+ further from the "router." So it's like going to the mechanic and telling him you have an engine issue where it seems it is skipping a beat and he immediately tells you to look at the power window handle. Turn the car on and off and be sure the wiper blades are new. You get to a point where you realize the mechanic is full of sh*t, which is where I am with Roku programmers right now.

0 Kudos
Klutz
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Dang, when you put it that way, the answer gets simple.  Amazon Prime, Fire Stick & Trypoint.com and do not look back. 

Chewvok

Jump to solution

Same here my Roku is 3900x Roku express 

0 Kudos
Rolandsizzers
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have a ROKU premiere HD. Reports poor wifi signal despite being in same room as router. Disconnects daily. It's going back to the retailer as this thread indicates nothing can/will be fixed.

0 Kudos
Legolasmcm

Jump to solution

This has all started happening to my hard wired device over the past week or so. I'm wondering if they updated firmware. 

0 Kudos