Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cal1226
Reel Rookie

Keeps disconnecting from wifi

My new Roku tv keeps disconnecting from wifi but when it's connected it says signal and connection is excellent  why I have new fiber optic cable service why does this keep happening I'm about to return this tv 

10 REPLIES 10
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Keeps disconnecting from wifi

Hi @Cal1226,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you are facing an issue with the Roku device connecting to your home network, and we will work with you to know what went wrong so we can assist you further.

We recommend troubleshooting Network issues starts here. Also, reboot both your wireless router and Roku device.

Another suggestion is to try to connect your Roku device to an alternative network, such as a mobile hotspot.

We hope the suggestion above gets everything sorted out!

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mendes23

Horrendous these last couple of weeks; this week will be the final straw

There appears to have been an update with Roku; can be the only explanation for the spotty connection.

All worked fine, smooth and now it lasts for less than 3 minutes at a time. Every moderator is placing the blame on the router, connection, etc. But I have excellent signal, same speed as when I installed Roku last year, nothing changed on my end. I am tired of the reset, unplug, reset, unplug ... not worth playing, there are other choices

Obviously, ROKU does not have a solution for what is happening.

Cal1226
Reel Rookie

This is ridiculous I have only owned this tv for a week and the answer you keep giving is reset router or device well I keep having to do this at least 10 times while I'm trying to watch tv this is highly aggravating.my tv is brand new nit even a week and my fiber optic is new and powerful . There is a problem on your end that needs fixing .my other tv downstairs has no problems at all staying connected !! This issue needs to be resolved ASAP. I'm giving Roku 1 more week and if this problem isn't resolved I will be returning Roku tv and purchase another brand that can actually stay connected for more than 2 hours ! Feel free to contact me and resolve this problem asap . I'm tired of having to rest my modem and my device to keep streaming this is unacceptable period you should back your product and resolve issues I can see I'm not the only one with this problem do something to fix this or I will take my business elsewhere 

RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @mendes23,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We're happy to assist you with your problems with Roku. Please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing.

• What Roku device are you using right now? (e.g., Roku Express, Roku Stream Bar, Roku TV; specify TV)
  • How are you powering your Roku device?
  • Is the issue happening on all content or channels, or is it isolated to one content or channel? (Specify)

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Cal1226
Reel Rookie

After hour on chat the only solution was to keep resetting the connection yes it did work but only temporarily I keep having to reset the connection 10 times last night this is unacceptable for the money I spent on this tv it isn't even a week old! I want someone fool Roku to contact me directly please I keep getting pushed off. 
A brand new tv and brand new fiber optic cable and your Roku tv is the only tv that doesn't stay connected in my house it is the TV not the modem bc that is Brad new as well I need a real solution not reset internet connection it seems like you know there's an issue but can't resolve it if I do not get contacted I Will be returning this tv and get another one ! It's on you now Do you even care about customer service??

JCII
Binge Watcher

Anyone experiencing ROKU loosing network connection, and eventually reconnects, or having to reboot the device. I have 2 4K sticks, and both do the same thing. It isn’t my internet connection, because I set my 4K to stream a show, and set my iPad to stream the same show. The ROKU lost the network, but my iPad didn’t have any problem.
this happens with all apps on my 4K stick. This started a couple of weeks ago. I expect that they rolled out a new version of software. Current version is 12.0.0 build 4184-CU streaming stick 4K 3820RW.
it is getting to be very annoying.

JCII
Binge Watcher

I have 2 4K sticks, and both do the same thing. It isn’t my internet connection, because I set my 4K to stream a show, and set my iPad to stream the same show. The ROKU lost the network, but my iPad didn’t have any problem.
this happens with all apps on my 4K stick. This started a couple of weeks ago. I expect that they rolled out a new version of software. Current version is 12.0.0 build 4184-CU streaming stick 4K 3820RW.

0 Kudos
JCII
Binge Watcher

I agree.

I own stock in this company, and I am about ready to sell it if they can’t get their act together.

We finally got SLING to fix their problems, now ROKU has become the problem.

Doesn’t anyone test their software before sending out an update. They keep trying to give us extra features, and in the process they break what actually works fine.

I have 2 4K sticks, and both do the same thing. It isn’t my internet connection, because I set my 4K to stream a show, and set my iPad to stream the same show. The ROKU lost the network, but my iPad didn’t have any problem.

0 Kudos
JCII
Binge Watcher

I have already done that. It is a problem with your software update.

Doing dual streaming. 4K stick has the same problem on 2 tvs. This means it isn’t a hardware problem.

It happens streaming a ROKU any channel, still an issue. This means it isn’t channel specific.

Stream a ROKU channel using the 4K stick, and stream the same channel at the same time on my iPad. The 4K stick looses WiFi, iPad keeps on going on without interruption. This points to software.

There are many that are complaining about the same issue. There wasn’t a problem before a software update. I was a programmer, and I am aware of the want to upgrade software, but do a thorough testing before rollout, and don’t be like M$ and let the user debug your software.

as a stockholder I have only one thing to say, fix it.

0 Kudos