Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StellarStudios
Reel Rookie

Issues with WiFi connection for Roku TV xfinity

Jump to solution

Hi! I had seen a previous post on this that had said to make the WiFi band be b,g,n instead of g,n and had done that hoping it would solve the problem as it was the same issue others had been having.
However, after attempting to connect my tv still cannot get through ‘Wireless Connection’. I had gotten this tv from a friend who had been using it at their house with zero issues so I do not believe it to be a tv issue.

TV is the TCL Class 4-Series 4K UHD HDR Smart Roku TV (43S451) if that is important at all

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Issues with WiFi connection for Roku TV xfinity

Jump to solution

Hi, @StellarStudios

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for letting us know about the network issue you've encountered with your Roku TV, and we'd be glad to help. For this matter, let's perform some troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue. Kindly follow the steps below:

Network Reset Connection

1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select Advanced system settings.
  4. Select Network connection reset.
  5. Select Reset connection.
  6. Re-enter the credentials on your network.

System Restart.

3. Select System
  4. Select Power (skip if this sub-menu is not available and proceed to step 5).
  5. Select System Restart.

Additionally, we recommend restarting your network's modem/router and trying a hotspot to see if you're able to maintain a connection.

If you have further concerns or inquiries, please let us know. 

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
StellarStudios
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Would like to add that I had gotten a hotspot to work for a moment, and no that will not connect either 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @StellarStudios,

From the Roku Community, a warm welcome and thanks for the additional information!

We want to further investigate this issue that you had with the Roku TV since it will not connect to your home network or Wi-Fi. Did we recently make any changes to your network or network provider? What error message or code are you getting after trying to connect to your network? (after entering the network credentials)

In the meantime, you may check out this support article here on how to fix internet errors and issues on your Roku streaming device.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
StellarStudios
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hello! This was a television I had received from a friend who had been using a community provider of the internet so they don’t know what exact network it was using. I have not been able to connect since I received it.

Error Message: 

Unable to connect to wireless network
Error 014.30
Try these steps in order:
1. Restart your router.
2. Restart your TV.
For more help, visit: hisense-usa.com/support
OK
Restart TV

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @StellarStudios

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for letting us know about the network issue you've encountered with your Roku TV, and we'd be glad to help. For this matter, let's perform some troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue. Kindly follow the steps below:

Network Reset Connection

3. Select Advanced system settings.
  4. Select Network connection reset.
  5. Select Reset connection.
  6. Re-enter the credentials on your network.

System Restart.

3. Select System
  4. Select Power (skip if this sub-menu is not available and proceed to step 5).
  5. Select System Restart.

Additionally, we recommend restarting your network's modem/router and trying a hotspot to see if you're able to maintain a connection.

If you have further concerns or inquiries, please let us know. 

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos