Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sloth_1973

I set up a second Roku device in the bedroom and now our living room Roku is not connected

I have had a Roku Express device on our living room TV for over a year and just a week ago set up my TV in the bedroom with a Roku Express they are both synced with one account but the living room TV will not connect to the internet or WI-FI please help.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: I set up a second Roku device in the bedroom and now our living room Roku is not connected

Hi @Sloth_1973,

A warm welcome here at the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having trouble with connecting your Roku Express to your Wi-Fi but no worries. We're here to find you the best resolution possible.

Are there any error messages prompted to your screen? In addition, try to connect it to an alternative network connection such as a mobile hotspot to see if it connects.

Furthermore, here's our Support article to help you find your wireless network name and password.

Let us know how it goes. We'd be more than happy to continue assisting you with this.

Warm regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: I set up a second Roku device in the bedroom and now our living room Roku is not connected

@Sloth_1973 I recall that early cable modems would only allow a single device to connect for Internet access. This was quite a while ago, but I don't know how old your Internet equipment is. There's no issue having multiple Roku devices in the same home. I have six active inside my home at all times, and seven if I take my Stick out of my suitcase and plug it in for updates. I have about 60 different WiFi devices on my network overall, and the basic 192.168.0.x address range allows 254 devices. It sounds like there's something "off" in your network settings, but it's next to impossible to troubleshoot something like that remotely without knowing the hardware in use and the current settings. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

You should be able to have lots of Rokus, but sometimes there are issues.  For example, some of the older/cheaper models use only 2.4GHz, and sometimes routers get automatic updates that turn 2.4GHz off by default.  (But you can turn it back on.  While you’re checking the router make sure it is set to use all b/g/n modes.) 

Sometimes something as simple as rebooting the router cures a mysterious issue.

And Wi-Fi, being wireless, is subject to interference and blocking that can change dramatically when things are just moved around a bit. 

More information like Roku and router model numbers, what Wi-Fi bands are being used etc. would help if these simple things don’t fix it.

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos