Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
revat6

HBO max bug with pause and resume

I signed up on Friday and this issue is persisting. Pause any show. Hit resume. It resumes at a random point in the show, sometimes all the way to the beginning. I've emailed HBO support a couple times but no reply. Anyone have any insight into this bug or a best way to contact support? This is either driving many other people insane too or it's something specific to my account.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: HBO max bug with pause and resume

HBO has terrible programmers for their apps. They are having problems with their app on other platforms as well, so it's not specific to Roku devices. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

This is a recent bug. Roku has no control as it is written by Max. Hopefully, an update will fix it.

0 Kudos
Jfcwhy
Streaming Star

Thank goodness- I thought I was going crazy.  Haven’t watched Max in A while but came back to watch Fear The Walking Dead and have been screaming at my TV every night.

a few possible workarounds have been mentioned elsewhere:

1. After pausing, using the Back feature(the 15 second rewind) to resume playback instead of hitting play/pause to resume.

2. Use your arrow keys to pull up the timeline, and then resume using the play/pause button.

so annoying that Max keeps introducing these really noticeable problems.  How are they slipping through their QA process into released app versions?

0 Kudos
quipsterk
Binge Watcher

Oh my god, yes! This bug is so annoying. Hit pause, hit play and it goes back to the beginning and/or exits.

Half the time I have to close and reopen the Max app for it to even work properly—so it does seem like it’s specific to HBO (and not a Roku issue…for once).

Also, it seems HBO can’t program their continue watching feature properly. I always have to resume from the credits of an episode I’ve already watched in order to go to the next one. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.