Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
clarkwgriswoldx
Reel Rookie

Bug report: Devices can't access libraries on Plex server Win10 after wake on LAN

Jump to solution

Hi,

I think I've found a bug with Plex Media server on a Win10 box set to wake on LAN. I've posted about it in the support forum without any joy so I thought I'd officially report it as a bug.

Issue: Devices can't access libraries on Plex server Win10 after wake on LAN.

Devices:

Media server: Win10 PC.

Players: Android, Chrome mac and windows web, Roku® Streaming Stick™️+, Roku Express.

Description: I have a Win10 PC running plex media server which is set to sleep after 5 mins. This PC has wake on lan enabled so my other plex devices can wake it from sleep to access the media server. In the last year, when I attempt to access libraries on the media server from any of my players listed above, they have no access.

Fix: If I close plex media server, restart it, then access the libraries using plex web on chrome locally on that machine, the other players can then access the libraries until the PC next goes to sleep.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
clarkwgriswoldx
Reel Rookie

Re: Bug report: Devices can't access libraries on Plex server Win10 after wake on LAN

Jump to solution

HI, can anyone help please?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
clarkwgriswoldx
Reel Rookie

Re: Bug report: Devices can't access libraries on Plex server Win10 after wake on LAN

Jump to solution

HI, can anyone help please?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

You might have better luck in the Plex forum:  https://forums.plex.tv/

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos