Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Billie_kimber
Reel Rookie

Express won't load, tried new power source

Randomly express box has stopped loading up. Light comes on then when the home page/Roku symbol should appear on screen it's blank. The light on the box then goes off.

Tried restarting router for internet 

Tried new power source and a new cable.

Box light goes off even when not connected to a TV

Also tried another express box and EXACT same issue. WTF is going on?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Express won't load, tried new power source

Hi, @Billie_kimber 

Greetings and welcome to the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for bringing this to our attention and we'd be pleased to assist you further. We recommend performing a complete restart to your Roku streaming device to resolve this. 

On the back or bottom of each Roku device is a reset button. On some devices there is a tactile button, while other devices have a pinhole button. If your device has a pinhole button, you will need a paper clip to perform the factory reset.

Once the reset button is located and your Roku device is powered on, press and hold the reset button firmly for about 10 seconds. The indicator light will blink rapidly on most Roku devices when the factory reset is complete. For more information with this step, kindly refer to this support article: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Please let us know what you find out.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Billie_kimber
Reel Rookie

I did try this previously, I've tried it again and I still have the same problem. I do find it very strange that it's happened with no warning, no error codes previous etc and when I try my second express box I get the same issue. There has been no changes to my broadband settings etc. literally it was working, went to bed turned it on the next day and nothing.

The box light comes on as normal for about 20 seconds then blinks slowly for about 10 seconds then it goes off.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for the added information, @Billie_kimber.

We'll coordinate this with our Support team for further clarification and assistance. Kindly message us, as we will be asking for personal information. (select my Username > click View Profile > on the right side of the page, select Send this user a private message)

We'll be anticipating your response!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos