Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mike_R1
Binge Watcher

Re: Error code 14.30 But Internet Connection Strong and Working

Jump to solution

Followed all the advice here re: changing router settings, and so far it's sorta worked as the Roku device did connect (though I want to wait awhile to see if it disconnects again, as it has connected for short periods before).  My original problem which brought me here, i.e. being unable to cast from my phone to the Roku device (tried two different phones), is still happening.

Skinny68
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

My Roku was connected to my personal WiFi router 2.4/5g for over a year all of a sudden it logged out and will not connect. It will connect to the same router on my guest 2.4g  network. Or I can plug it in and it fine. Everything else is working just fine!?

0 Kudos
Skinny68
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Mike the same thing I used to stream  my iPhone through screen mirror or regular streaming now it won’t let me because it’s not on the same WiFi network?? 

0 Kudos
Skinny68
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

What do you have to configure on the 2.4g? Is it not letting me connect because of my 5G is on? 

0 Kudos
Sipa

Jump to solution

Thank You. This worked.

0 Kudos
Movieman80
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Mine has been working off and on. Last night it disconnected again but when I woke in the morning, checked it was back online. Dunno what is going on and why, after having this thing for a few years, it would start happening now.

0 Kudos
allfourseasons
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hi Again,

I previously posted that factory resetting my xfinity router worked. It has, but for some reason ever since then it has been restarting itself in early morning between 3-5am (I have insomnia and notice) and the Roku won't reconnect even if I restart it from the error, unless I then restart the router by unplugging, replugging, waiting, restarting the roku, waiting, and finally reconnecting. I don't know if xfinity is doing several updates recently but my router has never restarted so many nights in a row. I don't know if this has to do with my recent purchase of the roku or what. Just some more feedback for everyone.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @allfourseasons

Thanks for posting here in the Community!

It sounds like there's an issue with your Xfinity router. We would recommend reaching out to their support team directly to report the issue and get help. They are the best ones to assist and resolve the problem with your router. 

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@allfourseasons 

Try using the Xfinity mobile app to change your modem/router/gateway's 2.4Ghz SSID channel to 1, 6, or 11 with 20Mhz width and "B/G/N" mode.

0 Kudos
Jjspahr13

Jump to solution

OMG! I HAVE BEEN WITHOUT TV FOR 3 DAYS!!! I DONT KNOW YOU...BUT I LOVE YOU RIGHT NOW! YOU THE MAN!!!!😁

0 Kudos