Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rich_T
Roku Guru

Error 009 wont connect to wifi

(UK based)

I have two Roku devices, a Stick+ and a streambar as well as a fire stick, all have been working flawlessley up to now

Due to some electrical work, my router was powered down and re-started.

Every device has re-connected to the routers wifi signal, and works fine, including the roku streambar, however the streming stick+will not connect, it sees the wifi, connects to it initiall, but then fails on the second stage with a red cross and error 009.

Ive re set the network connections and factory re-set the stick, but still it will not connect, the roku streambar has no isues .

I have also borrowed an older Rou express model from someone who upgraded to  the ore advanced fire TV stick, and thatroku express  also conencts without any issues

and yet the stick will not connect, however it will connect to my phones wifi hotspot.

I have also tried a Now TV box ( powered by roku) that i have not used for years, and that also works.

So to sum up,

Roku Streaming stick + will not connect to wifi, either from my main router, or homeplugs wifi accecss point

Streambar no issues

Express no issues

Now TV box ( powered  by rokku) no issues

all other wifi devices, no issue

Network hardware/info:

ISP: Now Broadband (£22/month unlimited VDSL/FTTC 65mbps down/20 up + inclusive unlimited calls)

Router Tp link Archer VR2800

Develo homeplugs with wifi access point (Dlan 1200+ with wifi and 240v pass through)

0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
Rich_T
Roku Guru

Re: Error 009 wont connect to wifi

So the following have been tried with no effect:

RE-set of the network settings

re boot of the router ( several)

Factory re set of the roku stick

using the hidden menu to re set the wifi/network settings

changing the security on the wifi network

changing the type (b/g/n etc)

changing between 2.4 and 5Ghz

changing the wifi channels

all no effect.

It connects to the wifi network ( green tick)

by the next one shows a red cross, followed by an error message (009) offering the option to re-boot

and that does not work either.

Time to upgrade from Roku to Fire TV?

0 Kudos
cbemeryjr
Reel Rookie

I found out after calling tech support for my cable company that the Roku was turned off in the router setting which prevented it from connecting to Wi-Fi and once it was enabled in the router settings then it began to work.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hi @Rich_T

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing.

Please reply here with the serial number of the affected Roku device. This can be found in Settings > System > About. We'll be able to further assist you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Rich_T
Roku Guru

Serial number: YH005N754527

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

@Rich_T

Appreciate the reply.

I have passed your information and concern to our Support team. I'd recommend keeping an eye on your email since they will be reaching out to you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Rich_T
Roku Guru

No sign of anyone "reaching out" or getting in touch

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Rich_T,

Thanks for following up.

Please be noted that our Support team responded via email recently. Please check your email or check for the email in your spam or junk folder if it's not in the inbox. Our Support team will be assisting you from there.

If you need any additional help and we’ll follow up to continue assisting you.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Rich_T
Roku Guru

Still no response, nothing in any of my main in boxes, and nothing in spam/junk

0 Kudos
Rich_T
Roku Guru

So at which point do you give up and upgrade to fire tv?

0 Kudos