Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Error 003 - Can't update software

Everytime I turn on my roku tv I get the software 003 error and it tells me to connect to the internet to update but when I press cancel to try to connect to the internet I just get the roku background no apps no nothing just the background and I can't do anything can't even switch to hdmi 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku software error 003 saying please set up ur internet connection

Try unplugging the power for several seconds.  Just turning it off and on doesn't restart it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Dbader199

All other devices work on current home network. One device will not update because of code 003….is my device basically shot at this point. It’s only a year or so old

0 Kudos
Dbader199

I also tried resetting the device. Now I need to re set it up but it won’t let me do anything without updating but it won’t update 🤷🏻‍♂️

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Dbader199,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for sharing your report about this issue going on, and we'd like to assist.

To see if the issue persists, try connecting your Roku TV to a mobile hotspot, and then try again to see if you're able to pass through the update.

Keep us posted!

Regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
angrycustomer
Binge Watcher

Try using a sledge hammer on it then send it back to the corporate product manager

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @angrycustomer,

We're sorry for the trouble about this and we appreciate you for keeping the Roku Community posted!

I see that you're having a network issue with your Roku device. If you're getting Error 003, don't worry, we're here to help! It simply means that your network connection might be a bit unstable. Even if your internet is usually strong, fluctuations in speed or signal strength can cause these hiccups. It's worth checking how many devices are connected to your network too. But don't stress, we'll work together to get you back up and running in no time!

Try refreshing your wireless router and then perform a restart on your Roku device followed by the same instruction with @renojim. Then try again to see if that helps.

If the issue persists, could you share with us the serial number of this device? This can be found by navigating to Settings>>System>About.

Keep us posted!

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Pkhorse5

Still not working 

0 Kudos
Pkhorse5

X02000uc5me8

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Pkhorse5,

Thank you for the update!

I'll take care of this information in the meantime. Do you have a mobile hotspot that we can try to connect with?

Try connecting your Roku TV to it and then try again to see if that reproduces the same error.

Please keep us posted!

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.