Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Orginizu
Reel Rookie

Any way to bypass Error code 003 - Update server could not be reached?

Jump to solution

@RokuTakashi 

I have a Roku Streaming Stick 3800, and I'm having the same problem. Once I connect, the Roku returns the error: 003 Update server could not be reached. Is there any way to bypass this stage so I can go directly to activating the streaming stick? I have tried restarting my router and Roku, and it says that I have excellent connection.

Spoiler

crazyteacher200
Reel Rookie

Re: stuck on initial update software on 3800x stick

Jump to solution

I just manage to pair remote, choose language, enter password for wifi network, it pairs (green checkmarks) then error 003 comes up saying error with server, check network. Internet is working fine since I tried troubleshooting using my laptop. I appreciate your help 🙏.

0 Kudos
Grayboss
Reel Rookie

Re: Error 003 please help tried everything

Jump to solution

I have tried everything please help

0 Kudos
errolmcinnes
Channel Surfer

Re: Error 003 - Can't update software

Jump to solution

nobody can upgrade. Roku shut down the server so that any device that is factory reset moving forward must be discarded and replaced. They just dont have the integrity to tell people that everyone must replace their device with another roku device. Yes, if you get the 003 error moving forward there is nothing you can do. throw the device away because Roku no longer wants your business. 

errolmcinnes
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

throw it away, that is the solution. Roku shut down the update server so that all roku devices that are factory reset must be replaced. There is no other solution. They just dont want to tell you that themselves. 

errolmcinnes
Channel Surfer

Re: 003 can't update and only have blank screen

Jump to solution

throw them away. They need a firmware update and roku shut down the firmware updater, thus making them useless. 

errolmcinnes
Channel Surfer

Re: ROKU devices unable to update

Jump to solution

the remedy is to throw them away. Roku shut down the update server and claims it was "an error that engineers are looking at". They are forcing everyone to purchase all new equipment. Thats how Roku works. They dont want anyone owning a working device over a year old. 

Slysle

Won’t connect to WiFi to update, won’t download software through usb

Jump to solution

I have tried to get past the error 003 a few times now by restarting, unplugging, hotspotting, and all of the suggestions given but still no success. I even downloaded the software update onto a usb and plugged it in which seemed to work until it restarted and I’m back to square one

0 Kudos
helpmefast

Jump to solution

what do you mean by "unblocked"?  Would love to know you got past the error code

0 Kudos
JB34
Reel Rookie

Re: Software update failed error code 003

Jump to solution

It's over 2 weeks since I posted and the issue is still unresolved. Ridiculous. 

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.