Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WINbee-23

Re: ROKU devices unable to update

Jump to solution

We are having the same issue with our Roku player and getting the same error  code.

0 Kudos
Shanny71

Re: Roku Express 2024 update issue

Jump to solution

I'm trying to update my roku 4k express with the newest update and i keep getting error code 003. Help!!🙁

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

There was a widely reported outage affecting many Microsoft systems last evening (Thursday July 18, 2024) starting around 6pm ET.   Airlines and trains had to cancel departures.  Banks, ATMs, and many business systems around the world were affected.

If that's what caused the problem, I'd say inability to update Rokus is a pretty minor inconvenience.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
KToth

Jump to solution

Same problem... Started yesterday

0 Kudos
cfk
Channel Surfer

Re: 003 can't update and only have blank screen

Jump to solution

I should have mentioned that the TV is useless. Stuck in a software dead end loop which has made the TV inoperative.

no problem connecting to my internet. 
tried manual update (USB) and that failed also.

i do see another strange open network available, but am Suspicious. To connect.

0 Kudos
cfk
Channel Surfer

Re: 003 can't update and only have blank screen

Jump to solution

The good news is that I am collecting Roku badges 😘

0 Kudos
xZombie

Roku 3600X Unable to Update Software - Error Code: 003

Jump to solution

I've attempted several resets of both the Roku and network. Even used mobile hotspot, it will not process the update software screen.

Error code: 003

Issue ID: 78-289-778

Model: 3600X

FCC ID: TC2-RCB8

IC: 5959A-RCB8

SN: A71718058378

0 Kudos
mireilleeng
Reel Rookie

Fixing the 003 update error code

Jump to solution
  • This morning We keep getting error 003 when trying to update the software. This update request poped up when we turned on the TCL ROKU TV. When we manually try to update with a USB key, the message states that the version that is already on the TV is more recent and downgrade is not permitted.  We emptied the cash by restarting the system after a factory reset and this seems to have worked removing the 003 error message.  We reconfigured the TV and all is working well now.   Hope this helps !!!
0 Kudos
Gabelmatt
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku 3600X Unable to Update Software - Error Code: 003

Jump to solution

Same issue here. Issue ID 

75-290-915

0 Kudos
TECHguy2
Reel Rookie

Error code 003 in setup, Please help!

Jump to solution

This happens during the software update check, internet connects but failed to check 

0 Kudos