Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Max55
Channel Surfer

Error 003 on NowTV Roku Smart Stick

Hi NowTV Roku Smart Stick during initial setup after language and network choice with a very strong signal I get this message on screen:

Software update failed.
The software update server could not be reached. There maybe a problem with your network.Select 'check network' to check your network connection or 'Cancel' and try again later (error code 003)

I have a good network is there Roku feed down maybe? Is it possible to update in other ways?

My stick is resetted to factory and now I can't make it working. I have alreadry tryed many time pushing reset on stick. Thanks for answering, 

Labels (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Max55
Channel Surfer

Re: Error 003 on NowTV Roku Smart Stick

Hi it's just the same with my hotspot and router is off (just in case) Stick has been resetted to factory and now won't start sorry for my english. You confirm feeds are up?  

https://channelstore.roku.com/en-gb/maintenance

Max55
Channel Surfer

roku_stick.png

0 Kudos
Max55
Channel Surfer

Thanks maybe that's the reason and yes it is a NowTV Smart Stick but why I can't get original software and factory release to get home page with basically app, so stupid that. It was running 'till i made a factory reset to delete all accounts stored in one click grrrrr

0 Kudos
Max55
Channel Surfer

@renojimthanks a lot for suggestion, I'm wondering if there will be any software solution to send firmware to MAC address of NowTV Stick? Can you ask to the factory (we are many owners of sticks blocked) if you have any conctact to solve ours problem?

Max55
Channel Surfer

Hi, I did several times suggestions without success. From NowTV support in my country they told me if I'm using 5G wifi set channel 36 'cose 44-48 don't work on Roku NowTV Stick. For wifi 4G set B/G/N and retry. I made a factory reset in this way from remote: 5 times Home button 3 times fast forward and 2 times rewind and you will get secret screen and after that a factory reset but no success my stick is new and unusable.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

I think you need to ask NowTV:  https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.