Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marc2k
Reel Rookie

Re: Error 003 - Can't update software

Jump to solution

I have tried 2 independent networks and cellular data. None work. Could the stick be deffective?

0 Kudos
steveaa
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I did same as you & my Roku is stuck with software update failed as well.

did you find any answer to get it working again please? 

0 Kudos
steveaa
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

did you get any answers to your problem please? I bought on to give to family & tried to do factory reset & have got same issue "software update failed, error code 033". thanks 

0 Kudos
Max55
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hi, I did several times suggestions without success. From NowTV support in my country they told me if I'm using 5G wifi set channel 36 'cose 44-48 don't work on Roku NowTV Stick. For wifi 4G set B/G/N and retry. I made a factory reset in this way from remote: 5 times Home button 3 times fast forward and 2 times rewind and you will get secret screen and after that a factory reset but no success my stick is new and unusable.

0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, valued Community users!

If you encounter Error 003 or "Can't update software. Please try again later," it means that your network connection is unstable.

Please be aware that, despite our reliable internet connection, there may be occasional disruptions due to speed or signal strength fluctuations. We recommend checking the number of devices currently connected to the network.

The message typically contains one of the following error codes: 001, 002, 003, 004, or 005.

Here are some recommended options to consider:

• Try rebooting both the router and Roku device by unplugging them from the power outlet for 20 seconds before plugging them back in.
  • Explore the option of connecting to a mobile hotspot and performing the update.

For more detailed guidance, kindly visit our support page on How to fix Roku streaming device update problems. 

For more tips on improving your internet, visit our support page on How to improve the Wi-Fi or wireless internet connection to your Roku streaming device.

If the issue persists after attempting all troubleshooting steps, we recommend contacting your internet service provider for further assistance.

Roku Community Team

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.