Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dorm Network Unable to Connect

Jump to solution

I used my mobile hotspot. I'm using a Roku Premiere. When I type in the 8 digit code it says it's incorrect. I'm getting excellent reception in my room so it's not an internet issue. I need a code that works

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Dorm Network Unable to Connect

Jump to solution

Hi, @Chris_reyes 

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku community.

We appreciate you for letting us know about the trouble you have encountered with connecting your Roku device with the Dorm Network, and we're here to assist. Kindly follow the steps and guides below.

After setting up your Roku streaming device, initiate and authenticate the connection to the internet using the instructions below:

Initiate the connection

Open the Settings menu on your Roku device to initiate the connection:

1. Navigate to your Home
  2. Scroll up or down to select Settings
  3. Select Network, then Set up connection
  4. Select Wireless
  5. Choose your preferred network for your college dorm from the list of available network connections. You can select scan again to see all networks if you don't see it.
  6. After it connects, select I am at a hotel or college dorm.

Authenticate the connection

After the connection is initiated, the remaining steps will appear on the television screen. Complete these steps on your computer or smartphone. After the connection is authenticated, your Roku device will return to the Network menu. The Network name should match the network for the hotel or college dorm, and the Status should say Connected.

• Note: You have several minutes to authenticate. If the network setup times out, select Try again to initiate the connection again.

Let us know how this works. We hope this helps.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Dorm Network Unable to Connect

Jump to solution

Hi, @Chris_reyes 

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku community.

We appreciate you for letting us know about the trouble you have encountered with connecting your Roku device with the Dorm Network, and we're here to assist. Kindly follow the steps and guides below.

After setting up your Roku streaming device, initiate and authenticate the connection to the internet using the instructions below:

Initiate the connection

Open the Settings menu on your Roku device to initiate the connection:

1. Navigate to your Home
  2. Scroll up or down to select Settings
  3. Select Network, then Set up connection
  4. Select Wireless
  5. Choose your preferred network for your college dorm from the list of available network connections. You can select scan again to see all networks if you don't see it.
  6. After it connects, select I am at a hotel or college dorm.

Authenticate the connection

After the connection is initiated, the remaining steps will appear on the television screen. Complete these steps on your computer or smartphone. After the connection is authenticated, your Roku device will return to the Network menu. The Network name should match the network for the hotel or college dorm, and the Status should say Connected.

• Note: You have several minutes to authenticate. If the network setup times out, select Try again to initiate the connection again.

Let us know how this works. We hope this helps.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.