Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ajm3939
Reel Rookie

Connectivity Error 014.50 but Wifi is working fine

Jump to solution

My Element Roku TV has suddenly stopped being able to connect to Wifi. Nothing has changed on my end. My other brand Roku tv is connected fine, the wifi is working fine on my phone and laptop as well.

In settings, it is detecting my network and says the strength is excellent. I’ve tried restarting my tv multiple times, I’ve gone into advanced settings and reset connections, I’ve tried multiple different wifi networks, I’ve put in the wifi password multiple times checking for spelling errors, I’ve checked for new system updates. 

My only guess is this is a system update issue as it says it was last updated since the last time I used my tv?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Connectivity Error 014.50 but Wifi is working fine

Jump to solution

What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet? | Official Roku Support

The above link doesn't explain what error 014.50 is, but it suggests restarting your TV and your router.  Note that simply turning the TV off and on doesn't restart it.  Perform a "System restart" located under Settings->System->Power.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet? | Official Roku Support

The above link doesn't explain what error 014.50 is, but it suggests restarting your TV and your router.  Note that simply turning the TV off and on doesn't restart it.  Perform a "System restart" located under Settings->System->Power.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
ajm3939
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes, I’ve done all of that. 

0 Kudos
Carolynmil
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue. Neither of my Roku Ultra devices are connecting to my wifi network, but every other device in my home connects. The signal is excellent. There has to be a common connection because this happened to both of my boxes. 

0 Kudos
Carolynmil
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Restarted television, router Roku box as directed by the Roku Support team. Told to wait until 10 minutes elapsed. The next thing I heard was a dial tone from the phone. The guy just dropped off and never came back. Neither box is working. 

0 Kudos
ajm3939
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution
Spoiler
I ended up getting it to work. I noticed that this was happening on both of my older Rokus, while my third Roku had no problem and is brand new. I don’t think there was any rhyme or reason to how I fixed it, but I reset my network connections in the roku settings, unplugged my roku for 2 minutes, and then turned my router into reconnection mode. Now my 2 older rokus work again but only with my main wifi network, but they are not connecting to my wifi booster. A little annoying because the main network connection is not as strong but I guess a win is a win 
0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @Carolynmil 

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community.

We understand the issue you have encountered with your Roku Ultras experiencing connectivity problems, specifically with the error code 014.50. This error code is commonly rooted in the modem/router's compatibility with Roku devices. 

In this matter, we recommend connecting your Roku devices to an alternative network, such as an active mobile hotspot, to see if you're able to maintain a connection. If it does, the problem is likely traced back to the modem/router, and if it doesn't maintain a connection, then the Roku devices might have an issue with connecting to the internet.

Keep us posted on what you find out. 

Best wishes,
Kasg

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
cdeon

Jump to solution

So my mobile hotspot is not connecting either.  I've tried all the resets: TV, Router, System Reset, turning off/on.  Nothing.  Any other pieces of advice?

0 Kudos
Daizee

Jump to solution

Same issue here

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello! @Daizee@cdeon,

Thank you for posting in the Roku Community!

We have received reports that some users with Roku TV are experiencing difficulty connecting to their home network following a recent OS update.

In the meantime, we recommend performing a factory resetHere's how:

• Locate the reset button on your Roku device, usually on the back or bottom.
  • Ensure your Roku TV is powered on.
  • Press and hold the reset button for precisely 10 seconds.
  • Watch for a fast-blinking light, indicating that the reset is in progress.
  • Once the light blinks at an average rate, release the button.

After a successful factory reset, your Roku device will restart in the same state as a factory-new device and will be ready for you to complete the following:

1. Perform the Guided Setup and activation process
  2. Sign in to streaming channels that require a username and password
  3. Create a 4-digit PIN and configure parental control settings
  4. Perform a broadcast television channel scan (if you have a Roku TV with an HDTV antenna connected)

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.