Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot connect to ATT router; Error 14.30

ATT upgraded me to fiber optics on October 4. The tech moved the router from the den to a middle bedroom.  All Rokus were working fine until October 21 when the Roku in the den stopped connecting. My other two Rokus are fine, but they are now closer to the router. I have tried all troubleshooting suggestions multiple times: turn off router; turn off Roku; reboot router. I still get Error 14.30 on only one Roku, the one in the den. ATT says there is no interference and no congestion. ATT enabled 2.4 but still the Roku could not connect. I need help.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Cannot connect to ATT router; Error 14.30

The 14.30 error is usually because the 2.4GHz wireless mode isn't set to b/g/n.  You may be able to make the change yourself or ask AT&T to do it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Cannot connect to ATT router; Error 14.30

Hi @goodnightIrene, thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having issues with your Roku device not connecting to the internet. We're here to assist you.

Please review the following tips to troubleshoot common network issues related to your Roku streaming device (error 14.30):

• Make sure you are using the right network and password. If you do not know the password, contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP) or the person who set up your wireless network.
  • Check if other devices can connect to the same Wi-Fi® network. Test your internet connection using a phone, computer, or tablet that is connected to the same network. If your other device is not working, reach out to your ISP for further help.
  • Restart your Roku device. To restart your device, you can either unplug the power cable, wait a moment, and then reconnect it, or follow the steps below to restart your device from Settings > System > Power > System restart.
  • Restart your router. Refer to the steps below for instructions on restarting your modem or router.
  • Test your Wi-Fi signal. Learn how to improve your wireless connection.

We also recommend connecting this device using a mobile hotspot. As you have connected multiple Roku devices, we need to consider the signal strength and capacity of your network connection. Ensure that your Wi-Fi connection is stable and performing well because even with fiber optics, fluctuations in speed or signal strength can cause delays.

For guided troubleshooting steps on resolving connectivity issues, visit our support page here: How to Fix Internet Errors and Issues on your Roku streaming device.

We would recommend trying to see if that resolves your issue. Please keep us posted.

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.