Using your smart home devices

Learn to set up your smart devices in your Roku house. Discover how to use Roku with your home assistant, find troubleshooting tips, and get community advice.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marie425
Reel Rookie

Smart Home Entry sensor is not working

Jump to solution

I had several entry sensors connected through my smart home app. All were working then one stopped working and went offline. I tried everything to get it working. Finally I removed it but now it doesn’t want to reconnect. The sensor lights are working and the hub says it’s trying to connect but it isn’t actually connecting. Any advice??? Thanks.  #doorentrysensor

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Smart Home Entry sensor is not working

Jump to solution

Hello! @Marie425,

Thank you for reaching out to the Roku Community!

We understand your concern about your Roku Smart Home Entry Sensor being offline. We're here to help.

Offline errors may be caused by a temporary drop or slowdown in the network connection. Use the steps below to refresh the connection to your smart home devices.

If you have frequent offline issues, continue with the steps in the How to Fix Connectivity Issues section to check your connection and look for updates.

Refresh the screen

If you see an offline error when trying to view your smart home camera or doorbell live stream, tap the Refresh icon.

Restart the app

Restart the smart home app on your mobile device using the following instructions.

1. Close the app on your mobile device
    • iOS: Swipe up (or double tap the Home button on older devices) and then swipe the app to close it
    • Android: Swipe up (or press the Recents button on older devices) and then swipe the app to close it
  2. Re-launch the smart home app and try again

Many issues can be resolved by restarting your smart home device and then trying to perform the action again. 

Restart your home monitoring system

Use the following steps to restart your Roku Monitoring Hub or Roku Home Monitoring Accessories.

Roku Monitoring Hub: Hold the Reset button, located on the back of the hub, for 8 seconds and then release the button.

Roku Home Monitoring Accessories: Remove the batteries from the home monitoring accessory and then reinsert the batteries.

Please check here for more detailed information on how to fix a Roku Smart Home device that is offline.

Keep us updated on any developments, and we will be glad to help you further. 

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello! @Marie425,

Thank you for reaching out to the Roku Community!

We understand your concern about your Roku Smart Home Entry Sensor being offline. We're here to help.

Offline errors may be caused by a temporary drop or slowdown in the network connection. Use the steps below to refresh the connection to your smart home devices.

If you have frequent offline issues, continue with the steps in the How to Fix Connectivity Issues section to check your connection and look for updates.

Refresh the screen

If you see an offline error when trying to view your smart home camera or doorbell live stream, tap the Refresh icon.

Restart the app

Restart the smart home app on your mobile device using the following instructions.

1. Close the app on your mobile device
    • iOS: Swipe up (or double tap the Home button on older devices) and then swipe the app to close it
    • Android: Swipe up (or press the Recents button on older devices) and then swipe the app to close it
  2. Re-launch the smart home app and try again

Many issues can be resolved by restarting your smart home device and then trying to perform the action again. 

Restart your home monitoring system

Use the following steps to restart your Roku Monitoring Hub or Roku Home Monitoring Accessories.

Roku Monitoring Hub: Hold the Reset button, located on the back of the hub, for 8 seconds and then release the button.

Roku Home Monitoring Accessories: Remove the batteries from the home monitoring accessory and then reinsert the batteries.

Please check here for more detailed information on how to fix a Roku Smart Home device that is offline.

Keep us updated on any developments, and we will be glad to help you further. 

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Marie425
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi. I did all of the suggested steps which did not work to fix the entry sensor. I deleted it and have tried to add it again. I hold the button until the light flashes on it like it says and the hub is saying ready to connect. It just isn’t connecting. Thank you. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.