Using your smart home devices

Learn to set up your smart devices in your Roku house. Discover how to use Roku with your home assistant, find troubleshooting tips, and get community advice.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brutta
Channel Surfer

Mesh Network Connectivity

Jump to solution

Mesh networks such as EERO transmit 2.4 & 5 ghz networks concurrently using a single SSID. Roku smart home devices connect via 2.4 ghz bands.  My Roku 4802 Ultra has no problem connecting on the mesh, nor does the Roku Stick both picking up the 5 ghz.  My Chamberlain garage door opener connects easily to the 2.4 ghz band of the mesh network with no problem as does my Samsung Smart TV

Will Roku home devices such as smart plugs be able to differentiate the individual bands on the mesh network and connect via the 2.4 ghz band ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Mesh Network Connectivity

Jump to solution

@brutta

Thanks for the inquiry.

Roku Smart Home devices should have no issues connecting to your EERO router and mesh network.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@brutta

Thanks for the inquiry.

Roku Smart Home devices should have no issues connecting to your EERO router and mesh network.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
brutta
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have installed 2 Roku Smart Home indoor plugs via my EERO dual band, single SSID network.  Each installed within a minute on the 2.4 ghz band; no exaggeration, it was the plugs that quick .

My EERO mesh network identified the Roku plugs correctly as to the nearest node.

Setting up schedules is a bit complex but plugs don't move and only need to be done once. Vacation mode (varies on / off times) is a great feature.

I have tried dozens of plugs and these are the ONLY ones to  easily connect to a dual band mesh network.