Using your smart home devices

Learn to set up your smart devices in your Roku house. Discover how to use Roku with your home assistant, find troubleshooting tips, and get community advice.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ledstrips won’t let me connect keeps asking for password in app when my wifi doesn’t have one

Jump to solution

Can’t connect smart strip led lights because my college doesn’t use password for the wifi it uses MAC addresses so I can’t bypass the password part in the appYou 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Ledstrips won’t let me connect keeps asking for password in app when my wifi doesn’t have one

Jump to solution

Hi @Camanderson0121!

These devices can only be used on networks that require a password to authenticate. They also cannot be used with networks that are authenticated using a captive portal, frequently seen in dorms or hotels. We're sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you.

Happy Streaming!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
pcbutts1
Reel Rookie

Re: Ledstrips won’t let me connect keeps asking for password in app when my wifi doesn’t have one

Jump to solution

Because of hacking a wifi password is required. They will not install on an unsecure network.

0 Kudos
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Hi @Camanderson0121!

These devices can only be used on networks that require a password to authenticate. They also cannot be used with networks that are authenticated using a captive portal, frequently seen in dorms or hotels. We're sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you.

Happy Streaming!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.
0 Kudos