Using your smart home devices

Learn to set up your smart devices in your Roku house. Discover how to use Roku with your home assistant, find troubleshooting tips, and get community advice.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qazwsx
Reel Rookie

Keypad keeps disconnecting

Trying here since the official "support" is....let's be nice.....not optimal.

The smart home keypad is connected, works for a few hours then disconnects by itself. The app shows "not connected" for signal strength. Deleting the keypad and adding it back works for a few hours, then it disconnects by itself again. This has been repeated countless times. Batteries have been changed and the keypad has even been left next to the hub - literally inches away with direct line of sight - and it still disconnects all by itself. All the other smart home devices work perfectly. They keypad does not. Gut feel is it's a defective unit. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Keypad keeps disconnecting

Hi @qazwsx,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We're glad to assist you with your inquiry. We'd like to know more about it so we can further assist you. Please provide us with more details.

• How far is your Smart Home Keypad from the network router?
  • Have you tried restarting your router? This can help clear the cache, improve internet speeds, and keep your router protected from cyberattacks.
  • When and where did you purchase your Roku Smart Home keypad?

You can check Roku's return policy and return instructions once it is confirmed that the issue persists and is still defective.

If you need any assistance, you can also reach out to us.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
qazwsx
Reel Rookie

Hi Eunice -

Thank you for taking the time to reply to my post. My answers are:

- I've tried the keypad in various locations at differing distances from the router (10 to 20ft, 2 to 3 walls in between). Including being practically next to the router in direct line of sight. The distance does not seem to matter. After a while the keypad just drops its connection for no apparent reason.

- Yes. I've tried rebooting the router and hub. Changed the keypad batteries. Deleted it from the system and added it back multiple times. It works for a short while, then drops its connection.

- The equipment was purchased directly from Roku about 3 or 4 weeks ago. 

I've tried the regular support channels without much success, specifically online chat. My last attempt was beyond infuriating. Having summarized the issue in my opening post, I was asked what issues I was having. A clear sign the support person was not paying attention. Then I was asked what devices I have connected, like that would be in any way relevant. Finally I was asked to send them a picture of the keypad. Seriously. I almost lost my mind, but held it together long enough to ask to be transferred to someone else. Which didn't happen. Hence my post here. I hesitate to call because I don't want to end up speaking to and trying to understand a heavily accented intern who'll just waste more of my time. Unfortunately that has been my experience with Roku Support so far. 😞

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@qazwsx,

Thanks for keeping us posted and for sharing with us these information.

We'll have a reinforcement from our Support team about this. Please keep an eye on your email address as they will reach you from there.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.