Using your smart home devices

Learn to set up your smart devices in your Roku house. Discover how to use Roku with your home assistant, find troubleshooting tips, and get community advice.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove access to my cameras that ex has on his phone

Jump to solution

My cameras were previously viewed by my ex on his phone. He still has the smart home app. How can I reset my cameras to be sure he cannot view my indoor roku cameras that I previously gave him access to?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: How to remove access to my cameras that ex has on his phone

Jump to solution

Greetings @MidwestHorseFar 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting regarding your Roku Smart Home device.

In this situation, you would need to create a new Roku account and then setup the Roku Smart Home devices up again under the new account after performing a factory reset. Unfortunately there is not a way to remotely sign out of the Roku Smart Home mobile app.

Hope this information helps and if you have another inquiry in the future, please don't hesitate posting in the Roku Community again.

Happy Streaming,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Greetings @MidwestHorseFar 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting regarding your Roku Smart Home device.

In this situation, you would need to create a new Roku account and then setup the Roku Smart Home devices up again under the new account after performing a factory reset. Unfortunately there is not a way to remotely sign out of the Roku Smart Home mobile app.

Hope this information helps and if you have another inquiry in the future, please don't hesitate posting in the Roku Community again.

Happy Streaming,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I found this to work for me so far! I changed my password in my account settings and also put on a two step verification then I signed out of roku home camera and signed back in with two step verification so far I believe he has not been able to gain access!