Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
accowan11
Reel Rookie

Suggestion for Roku Remote

I would like to make a recommendation that instead of having preselected "Netflix" "Disney" "AppleTV" and Hulu. To have them blank so that we users can select what channels we want.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Suggestion for Roku Remote

@accowan11-

This has been a frequent request for years.

Channel providers pay to have their direct access buttons on those remotes so I don't think this is likely to change.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
MilesT
Roku Guru

Re: Suggestion for Roku Remote

"Selling" the channel button space is part of the business model.

Depending on which roku device you can buy other remotes with different buttons on the internet (second hand or clone). Not sure if oldest "radio" remotes (no buttons at all or gaming buttons) will work on newer roku ( @Tivoburkee would know). 

If you want to select your own buttons, and the roku isn't a stick, then oneforall model 7935 is for you, not too expensive and fully configurable!

Not a Roku employee
0 Kudos