Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rremm2000
Visitor

Re: Feature Requests - First Quarter 2018

It would be nice if the roku could act as a DLNA server, even if it was only capable of streaming via ethernet / wifi to 1 client at a time. We have a movie projector on our patio. We have Cat6e throughout the house and the Roku is setup in the living room and another in a bedroom. Sometimes we stream movies from my synology drive to the projector on the patio which is wireless and this works great but many times we have wanted to watch something on Roku on the patio but can't unless we disconnect it and drag it out there. 
0 Kudos
rremm2000
Visitor

How about the USB Port supporting hard drives again, my new ultra doesn't have enough power in the USB port to power a portable hard drive where as my OLD ROKU supports the drive just fine. That really PO'd me because I bough two new ultra's to have one at home and to travel with the other till I found out that you can't use a freaking hard drive so now I have to keep the old one
0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

A DLNA server would require resources that a Roku player just doesn't have. It would require more memory and more processing power. I can't speak to the USB power, as I've never used the USB port for anything. I stream from a DLNA server on my home network, or use Amazon, YouTube or Netflix. 

It sounds more like you just want to be able to view your Roku on a remote display. A DLNA server wouldn't be able to do that. You would need some way to mirror the Roku to another device. I'm unaware of any way to do that. 
Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
gkl
Visitor

Please add a readily apparent means to delete deactivated Roku devices from showing up in the Roku iPhone app.
2018 and 2017 Roku Ultras, 2017 Roku Streaming Stick+, 2018 Roku Express
Mohu Sky attic antenna
First Generation Dual Tuner Tablo
HP Stream Mini (used as a media server for Plex/PlayOn/iTunes/Web)
Samsung Blu-Ray/DVD
(Roku owner since 2011)
0 Kudos
TomMCE
Binge Watcher

Please allow a "channel exclusion list" for Auto-adjust display refresh rate so you don't have to disable each time you use Netflix.
0 Kudos
Bacon
Roku Guru

"TomMCE" wrote:
Please allow a "channel exclusion list" for Auto-adjust display refresh rate so you don't have to disable each time you use Netflix.

Or just tell Netflix to fix their app...
0 Kudos
Zundfolge
Channel Surfer

I think this has been requested before but I still don't see it as an option.

I'd like to be able to connect to my LAN and run local media without having to connect to the internet. Today the internet went down at home and while I was sitting around waiting for the tech to come out and fix it, it would have been nice to watch something on Plex while I waited. Also, I'd like to put another Plex server on a laptop and then we could take it and a Roku up to a friend's cabin in the woods where there is no internet connection (and one is not possible) and still be able to watch movies/TV.
0 Kudos
edyeary
Visitor

I agree with previous post. A better and much faster way to move and sort channels. It is very time consuming to arrange them the way you want.
0 Kudos
ST_Dog
Binge Watcher

"rremm2000" wrote:
How about the USB Port supporting hard drives again, my new ultra doesn't have enough power in the USB port to power a portable hard drive

Try a powered USB hub. It works for my satellite receiver, allowing me to use USB powered portable/laptop drives that crash when directly connected.

Just a cheap ($5) hub vs $$ destop/powered drives
0 Kudos
Miami_Son
Visitor

HD audio passthrough!
0 Kudos