Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MamaNooby
Visitor

Re: Feature Requests - First Quarter 2018

Option to sort apps automatically by most recent used or most viewed channels. This will help us to identify and remove channels that we don't use while giving us quick access to the channels that we do use.
0 Kudos
MamaNooby
Visitor

Add a system option for automatic volume leveling. Some channels have their commercials volume at double the volume of the show it is interrupting.
0 Kudos
nocable
Roku Guru

"MamaNooby" wrote:
Add a system option for automatic volume leveling. Some channels have their commercials volume at double the volume of the show it is interrupting.

JUST PLEASE ADD A TV MUTE BUTTON TO THE ROKU REMOTES THAT CONTROL TV VOLUME.

I OBVIOUSLY want to mute each and EVERY commercial that comes up on whatever channel or sub-channel. That is MUCH easier than lowering the volume, then raising the volume after EACH commercial.
WHOSE SIDE ARE YOU REALLY ON ROKU??
2018 Ultra 4660
0 Kudos
nocable
Roku Guru

"MamaNooby" wrote:
Custom remote button to jump to your favorite channel.

Even the giant Time-Warner Cable allowed users to over write their pre-programmed hot-link buttons on their Time-Warner Remote.

Yes, I'd very much like to overwrite the four Custom Buttons with my Choices for MY favorite Roku Channels.

Making much off those HotLinks Roku ???
2018 Ultra 4660
0 Kudos
limpojm
Visitor

Please add a subtitles/CC vertical position control and more font options... like Bold or bigger stroke ... most of the time subtitles sit on top of half the black bars and on bright images is really hard to read... i could use a black bg but it doesn't look good.
0 Kudos
Leftstrat
Channel Surfer

I would like to Control tv and soundbar with roku remote.

If like to be able to overwrite four custom buttons with my own choice of Channel's.

More Expansion of the vocal control. For example.

"Open charter app, channel 41". Or "open charter app, Sundance Channel. ".

Thanks for the consideration.
2 roku streaming sticks, 1 roku streaming stick+
0 Kudos
sirmeili
Visitor

I know it's like beating a dead horse, but:

Dolby TrueHD and DTS-MA passthrough.

I have a 4k TV with a 4K Roku, Why can't I access these HD audio formats?!?
0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

"sirmeili" wrote:

Licensing. Roku would have to pay a licensing fee for each box they sell to both Dolby and DTS. Remember that the majority of Roku users do not use an AVR for audio, but instead connect directly to a TV. Why pay a license fee for something that most people would never use?
That said, I too would like to have it, and I would be willing to pay extra for a codec package that could be added to my Ultra and 4 (the only players with an AVR). Sort of an optional package. 
Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
AndyCalling
Roku Guru

"atc98092" wrote:
"sirmeili" wrote:

Licensing. Roku would have to pay a licensing fee for each box they sell to both Dolby and DTS. Remember that the majority of Roku users do not use an AVR for audio, but instead connect directly to a TV. Why pay a license fee for something that most people would never use?
That said, I too would like to have it, and I would be willing to pay extra for a codec package that could be added to my Ultra and 4 (the only players with an AVR). Sort of an optional package. 

Nah, there's no need to pay a licence unless you are decoding the Dolby/DTS stream. If you're simply passing the raw audio stream through to the amp, then there is a licence fee to pay but only by the amp manufacturer as that's where the decoder sits. Why would Roku need to pay a fee to decode the stream on a decoder that has already got a licence?

If you want the roku to decode the stream and then put out analogue or PCM digital multi channel, or to transcode i.e. DD+ to DD, then there would be a licence fee to pay by Roku. A pass through is not a problem though.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Don't know, but that's always been the response. To handle the DD and DTS stream in any way seems to require a license. Sounds stupid to need a license for bitstream passthough, I know. But that's the story.
Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos