Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kazukia
Channel Surfer

Channel Request: Please add Discovery Plus

Discovery Plus will be available in January. They say they are in talks with Roku. Please please Roku add this offering. 

98 REPLIES 98
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Please add Discovery Plus

Being in talks is one thing.  Coming to agreement is another.  These are business decisions with both sides trying to maximize their deal.

But note that Roku does not create the channel apps, the channel owners do.  Roku just provides the platform on which they run.  Discovery Plus won't be on Roku until Discovery supplies the app.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
me4
Streaming Star

Discovery Plus is available on the Amazon Firestick in India where they started this past summer, so I feel confident that Roku will come to an agreement with them.  However, if they don't, Amazon probably will, since they are already rollin' in India.  I like my Roku better, but was able to find the latest firestick for only $20 on Prime Day this year.  There are a few apps I get on the stick that I can't find on Roku.  Discovery Plus might be one of them.  Probably great deals on these now before Christmas.

kazukia
Channel Surfer

I get that. I am saying please come to an agreement. If you come to an agreement they will provide the app.

Do you have any idea how hard it is to get the Science channel? The cost without adverts is under 10$ a month, it offers an extensive list of stations. There are so many advantages to adding this tile.

I know the customer is the last thing considered in any business negotiation, you owe me nothing. But if I don't ask you can't say yes!

Thank you sincerely tho, for noticing the post at all. That in itself is refreshing. 

Stay safe, have a lovely month.

kazukia
Channel Surfer

Thank you! I have multiple HDMI ports on my sets. Great option, thanks for taking the time to reply.

Spending so much time at home this last year.

Be safe. Have fun.

Shan1313

I don't want to watch "TV" on my laptop. I love Roku. Please add Discovery plus to Roku

theo13

Dear Roku Management:

Discovery+ channel selections offer 90% of what my bride and I watch TV for!!!

Please...Please....Please push hard and negotiate successfully to obtain this Discovery+ new Streaming Network for US!!!

Appreciate your interest and efforts! Smiley Happy

RenB
Binge Watcher

@makaiguy wrote:

Being in talks is one thing.  Coming to agreement is another.  These are business decisions with both sides trying to maximize their deal.

But note that Roku does not create the channel apps, the channel owners do.  Roku just provides the platform on which they run.  Discovery Plus won't be on Roku until Discovery supplies the app.

AND pays roku agreed upon fees.

LHo

Discovery+ has most of the shows that I watch currently on Cable.  I would like to slowly go to streaming and Discovery+ is a must to have. I looked at their prices and It is something I can afford.  PLEASE do all that you can to obtain this channel for your customers. Thank you. LHo

Lisadewitt
Reel Rookie

Please add discovery plus I love that network