Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
g1
Reel Rookie

Re: Please add Discovery Plus

ROKU's 2020 3rd Quarter Earnings  =  $452 Million - and they have 46 Million users which means they are making around $9.82 dollars from users each quarter. Heck if it was me I would be happy to earn 3-4 dollars a quarter, but then again I have been called cheap often.

Seems they are doing well - if they would stop being too pushy to earn as much as possible and become more concerned that their USERS are well taken care of? It would better for all.

Typically negotiations mean one wants more than the other - and of course neither one will admit they are wanting more than the other. This is a problem for all consumers - the corporations are only concerned about making as much money as possible and could care less about the end-users who 9 times out of 10 will pay more, simply because they fail to understand how to stand up to money-grubbing corporations.  

All I can say is USERS need to do GOOGLE searches on corporations and when done would soon discover - most could care less about their end-users. It is up to end users to band together and let the corporations understand how they feel about them. 

DEly
Channel Surfer

I agree.  I am spending close to $100 month for my cable tv service for the handful of channels that would all be available on Discovery +.

If an agreement is not made and Discovery + is not an option on Roku, I will gladly to spend the $ to switch platforms as it will only take a few months to recover the cost.

me4
Streaming Star

You might want to check out Philo.  They have a lot of cable channels and they are only $20 a month. They have live broadcasts, but lots of VOD, too.  Tons of ads (like cable), but no sports or live news. I usually subscribe for a month or 2, binge watch my favorites, then drop it for half a year.  When I dropped DISH 4 years ago, there were some channels that I missed a lot.  Philo filled the gap.

MzMaine

Re: Channel Request: Please add Discovery Plus

Firestick has it. We should too. No excuse.

Mainch

Please add this channel I love Roku but I will be forced to change. 

thsnk you 

Kittykat

I as a coronavirus panademic pushes on I am an individual that loves discovery plus shows and as a roku customer will be very upset if I cannot watch my favorite shows on my roku. I plead for the individuals that are vulnerable to the panademic and enjoy their roku and want to continue using this device.

PaulHo

Please add DiscoveryPlus to Roku. I have two Roku devices and really don't want to resort to Firestick. DiscoveryPlus will have mega customers.

C_I
Roku Guru

@makaiguy wrote:

Being in talks is one thing.  Coming to agreement is another.  These are business decisions with both sides trying to maximize their deal.

But note that Roku does not create the channel apps, the channel owners do.  Roku just provides the platform on which they run.  Discovery Plus won't be on Roku until Discovery supplies the app.

https://variety.com/2020/digital/news/discovery-plus-market-70-million-us-homes-1234844284/

0 Kudos
C_I
Roku Guru

@DEly wrote:

I agree.  I am spending close to $100 month for my cable tv service for the handful of channels that would all be available on Discovery +.

If an agreement is not made and Discovery + is not an option on Roku, I will gladly to spend the $ to switch platforms as it will only take a few months to recover the cost.

i''m preaching patience. If they can reach agreements for Disney+, Peacock and HBOMAX, they can reach one for Discovery+ which means that it probably won't be available on Roku in a week when the service officially becomes available. 

Suseaque

I have all Roku TVs in my home please add discovery plus channel