Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
C_I
Roku Guru

Re: Please add Discovery Plus

@peanut07 wrote:

That is true that big business holds all the cards,

I got an email today that got me all excited, the email stated that Discovery+ was now available at $4.99 with commercials and $6.99 without, well silly me, didn't I just try to sign up right away - WHAT A JOKE ON ME.  How shameful is it that the States has it available thru Roku and yet in Canada we are deprived.

And add to that, when it becomes available in Canada, it will be higher priced than in the United States as everything else is. Maybe go to roku.ca  and post the same message as the channels and content differ from the United States and Canada.

RenB
Binge Watcher

And they added it on like day 2 of discovery plus release. Woohoo!

0 Kudos

Re: Channel Request: Please add Discovery Plus

I have a roku 2xd tried to install Discovery plus channel.  Added to my streaming services ok.  Anyone have a work arounds.  Today is 1/12/21.  Do I need a newer model or is this a universal problem.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Tami4evr
Binge Watcher

@papadewey12200 , I thought this issue was already fixed. I have a TCL ROKU TV & I wasn’t able to install the Discovery Plus App through Roku apps on 1/04/21. I had to use the Roku download link below. I heard on here the app was available on 1/05/21. Hopefully this will help you.

03DBE4BD-6B7A-49A7-AF38-58660BD56F48.jpeg

0 Kudos
me4
Streaming Star

I believe the Roku 2 is no longer supported with new software updates.  Still usable, but probably explains why you are having a problem.  Might have to spring for a new device......

0 Kudos

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ADD the discovery plus app in Canada.  

0 Kudos
C_I
Roku Guru

@Prettynsmiling wrote:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ADD the discovery plus app in Canada.  

Maybe go to roku.ca and ask Roku to add it. This is Roku.com for the U.S. Roku.  I think every country has its own Roku division. 

0 Kudos

unable to download this channel- set up a new acct.

i have tried to download  discovery plus on both roku and on my tv with success. I am unable to add my e mail address and password- when i pressed the agree and continue button i went to the agreement page- is there a section for me to agree to the terms?  For some reason I am unable to continue past the agreement page in order to set up a NEW acct. 

0 Kudos
kazukia
Channel Surfer

Re: unable to download this channel- set up a new acct.

I set up my account online at the discovery + site. Then I was able to simply sign on Roku. It may be your Roku payment method needs updated?

I wish you the best of luck, I went with the no adverts option and have never regretted it.

0 Kudos