Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brokenstuff
Reel Rookie

therokuchannel.roku.com videos don't play

4-18-2023

None of the shows that I click on on the therokuchannel.roku.com website will play. It says something went wrong. I used both a computer and a cell phone. I am on the internet not using a roku device.

I normally can click on shows and watch them, but they will not play today. It just says something went wrong.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: therokuchannel.roku.com videos don't play

Hi @brokenstuff,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know about the behavior you're seeing when streaming The Roku channel through the website. We will work with you to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue.

One suggestion we would like for you to try is to connect your mobile device to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot.

We would recommend trying to see if that resolves your issue. Please keep us posted.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Linseylougoo,

Thanks for the update.

We're glad to know it's working now! Happy Streaming!

Thanks for using our services. We appreciate you again posting in Roku Community.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Linseylougoo
Reel Rookie

No it’s not working.  I’m not sure if someone else replied but I sent my model and serial number because I am having the same issue as the person before me posted.  It will not ever load when saying “checking for updates” at this point my roku is useless. 

0 Kudos
Darlene111

I'm having the same issues.  Roku has not worked for 3 days.  I have 3 devices on 3 different tvs and none of them will stream Roku live channels or anything I had previously watched.  I have tried every suggestion to resolve this issue that has been given with no success.  There is no longer a way to contact tech support.  Seems like Roku does not care about their customers. 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Just tested it with Chrome as my browser, and it's working fine. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.