Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
13iron

spinning buffering circle from **bleep** on youtube tv

everything is fine... except after buying new remote (2nd ed pro). my issues...

1) set up of remote was not ez... had to forget old one, forget voice one before it worked correctly and needed the mobile remote app on my phone for access

2) youtube tv app is buffering forever 

3) hbo max app won't go past opening screen

#PlzHelp

ie. did the 'connect with phone' and youtube on my phone now has same buffering issue

but youtube tv on my chromebook working fine

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: spinning buffering circle from **bleep** on youtube tv

Hi, @13iron 

Greetings, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We understand that you have encountered an issue with setting up your Roku Voice Remote Pro 2nd Edition and are also having problems with YouTube and the MAX app on your Roku device. We're here to help. Let's focus on resolving the app problem since you have successfully paired in your Roku Voice Remote Pro (2nd Edition). Kindly follow the instructions below to troubleshoot the isuse.

1. Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the star (*) key on your remote, and choose "Remove channel".
  2. Next, restart your device from Settings > System > Power > System Restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).
  3. Once your player/TV starts up again, go to "Streaming Store" on the Home screen, and add the channel back once more.
  4. You may also refer to this link: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

In addition, we recommend restarting your modem/router to get the best possible result out of the troubleshooting steps.

To restart your router, you can try these steps:

1. Unplug the power cord from the router or the wall 
  2. Wait at least 30 seconds 
  3. Plug the power cord back in 
  4. Wait for the lights to turn back on 
  5. Test your connection by visiting a website 

Restarting your router can help fix connection issues, such as slow speeds, disconnects, or wireless problems. It's also recommended to restart your router at least once a month to ensure it's performing at its best

We hope this works, and let us know how it goes.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.