Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arjaymg
Reel Rookie

cannot connect to streaming service

Jump to solution

I was out of town for 24 hours. When I got home and tried to watch my streaming channels I get the error code ui-801-p1. I've reset my internet (its connected) turner off TV, Roku, etc, and still cannot connect. 

Help

Ray

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: cannot connect to streaming service

Jump to solution

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community.

We understand the issue you have encountered with your Roku device which states an error code, commonly related to a network error, and we're here to assist. Here's some troubleshooting steps that you can perform to resolve the issue. Kindly follow the steps below:

1. Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the star (*) key on your remote, and choose "Remove channel".
  2. Next, restart your device from Settings > System > Power > System Restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).
  3. Once your player/TV starts up again, go to "Streaming Store" on the Home screen, and add the channel back once more.
  4. You may also refer to this link: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

Additionally, you can perform the steps below as an add-on troubleshooting to ensure an effective resolution. 

1. Unplug your modem and router for 30 seconds
  2. Plug your modem and router back in

We hope this works. If the issue persists, let us know, and we'll assist you further.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @JT20 

Welcome to the Roku Community.

If you are having trouble with a specific channel or app and the troubleshooting steps haven't helped, it's a good idea to contact the channel provider directly for further assistance. Most channels on Roku are managed by the providers, so they can address any issues with their app and provide a solution or update.

Feel free to let us know if you have further concerns or inquries.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community.

We understand the issue you have encountered with your Roku device which states an error code, commonly related to a network error, and we're here to assist. Here's some troubleshooting steps that you can perform to resolve the issue. Kindly follow the steps below:

1. Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the star (*) key on your remote, and choose "Remove channel".
  2. Next, restart your device from Settings > System > Power > System Restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).
  3. Once your player/TV starts up again, go to "Streaming Store" on the Home screen, and add the channel back once more.
  4. You may also refer to this link: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

Additionally, you can perform the steps below as an add-on troubleshooting to ensure an effective resolution. 

1. Unplug your modem and router for 30 seconds
  2. Plug your modem and router back in

We hope this works. If the issue persists, let us know, and we'll assist you further.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
arjaymg
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I tried what you suggested. It didn't work. I ended up going to Spectrum. The result that worked was to reload the ROKU program which required a reconnect to my wireless streaming.

0 Kudos
JT20

Jump to solution

@arjaymg Ray, I have same error code and ROKU suggestion didn’t work for me either. How did you reload ROKU to resolve the issue?

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @JT20 

Welcome to the Roku Community.

If you are having trouble with a specific channel or app and the troubleshooting steps haven't helped, it's a good idea to contact the channel provider directly for further assistance. Most channels on Roku are managed by the providers, so they can address any issues with their app and provide a solution or update.

Feel free to let us know if you have further concerns or inquries.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos