Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: YouTube app constant buffering

Hi @Mpiatt,

Thanks for getting back to us!

We're glad to hear about this and how things turn out. Feel free to get back here and let us know if there's anything else that we can further assist you.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Shooty
Reel Rookie

Same here!  All seems to be back to normal.  Thanks to Roku as well as to this thread/forum which was the fire that got things going!

0 Kudos
Walter701
Reel Rookie

I have the same problem, tried all the suggestions. I replaced with Google (nvidia and onn)

mdmbrad
Reel Rookie

I have been having the same problem for the last two days with the Youtube app. Constantly buffering. Issue only happens on my three Roku's not on PC or tablet PC on same network. All use 5g, rebooted everything several times. Internet speed is 300Mbps WIFi signal is excellent with 5 bars for everything. Prior to this I have never had any issue for years.

Tfnaaf

Same here, started yesterday for me. Can't get through a single video.

Walter701
Reel Rookie

I have 1gig up and down, wireless speed test on ROKU around 200 mb wired 93 mb. It is just You tube. It has never done that before it is just over the last few weeks 

Kspears

Same. My YouTube has ran fine forever, then 2 days ago out of nowhere started buffering. Followed all the unistall, restart, reinstall...sign in, sign out...speed and connection checks...nothing fixes it. Every other channel is great, just YT.

Kspears

Did not work for me...

https://community.roku.com/t5/Channels-viewing/YouTube-slow-to-load-and-buffering/m-p/872791
TLTR delete youtube app > force restart of Roku tv > reinstall youtube app

0 Kudos
resolved

The buffering started for me on Roku app about a week ago. I can't find a solution anywhere. I already uninstalled/reinstalled the app and factory reset. No issues with other apps or internet, just this. 

I also dislike the few casting options. I'll switch to a different TV when I can because I use YouTube daily.  While Roku was a great option a few years ago it's competitors have clearly outpaced it. 

0 Kudos
Scramblicon
Reel Rookie

Please let me know the best competitive option and I'll switch out this Roku. Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.