Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BeachGuy1
Streaming Star

Re: YouTube app constant buffering

Yes I've tried that.  Not a fix for me.  I'm ignoring OwnerofDevices too.

I have to say, I came on this forum to look for a solution to a problem and after months of nothing I've come to the conclusion that this forum is bogus.

pwrcat4000
Binge Watcher

Well
delete you tube app > force restart of Roku tv > reinstall you tube app
https://community.roku.com/t5/Channels-viewing/YouTube-slow-to-load-and-buffering/m-p/872791
It worked..... so far.
I also noticed it is more responsive and the wait to skip iconography is different it is now a yellow circle not white like before, so maybe they worked on the app???
I didn't even have to move or call Alphabet Inc and obviously (since it is working now) It was not a line issue.

BeachGuy1
Streaming Star

Just uninstalled YT, restarted Roku, reinstalled YT and same buffering problem.  Please reply in a few days if no more buffering.  I'd like to figure this out.  Thanks

0 Kudos
pwrcat4000
Binge Watcher

Well **bleep** so far it's fixed mine.  I don't know if you have already tried this or not @BeachGuy1  but I had a problem at my dad's house a while back.  The bandwidth was fine but there was what they call packet loss maybe have your ISP run a test? Maybe you've already done that.  I watched YouTube for about an hour fast forward and stop and that was usually when mine buffered for hours and it's not doing it now.  Like I said in the previous post I also noticed that the skip commercial icons are different. So if yours are still the old white gray ones maybe it did not update. Just spitballing since it seems like we have to all do our own tech support. 

0 Kudos
BeachGuy1
Streaming Star

Spoiler
Nice that you got yours fixed.  I ran a ping -t 8.8.8.8 for over an hour and no packet loss.  But I'm at a loss as to why YT would buffer so much just on Roku devices (nothing else).
OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

The reason that you don't get support from Roku is because Roku is not a Managed Service Provider like geek squad that contracts with customers to be available for phone calls, online support and in home visits. Roku, doesn't create the apps or have any control over what another company like YouTube does with it's app. 

0 Kudos
pwrcat4000
Binge Watcher

@BeachGuy1  I am still up and running I hope you get a solution soon.

@OwnerofDevicesyour contributions to this thread have been incorrect, unproductive, and impeded this already tedious process. 
Alphabet/Google creates the API service it is up to the developer to configure the API Client.
NOTE: This is the only time, in this entire thread you have contributed anything even remotely useful, and even with that you are only 1/2 only right.
Roku would have to maintain and update and integrate Googles YouTube API service it in to their ecosystem/end product so Roku IS responsible.
I might add that my bandwidth is unchanged and the RokuTV you tube app is working fine again so your bull**bleep** about fiber internet was wholly unhelpful and incorrect and ignorant, as I expected.

If you would like educate yourself maybe to learn more about API's offered by google here is the YouTube API Services Terms of Service it is a good place to start hopefully you will use this opportunity to grow. 
https://developers.google.com/youtube/terms/api-services-terms-of-service

@OwnerofDevices  I will no longer engage with any of your silliness,  after this post.

BeachGuy1
Streaming Star

I sent the buffering problem to Google.  After much searching I was able to find a URL for them.  I have not heard back and don't expect to of course being as they're such a large company but maybe it will get in their queue.

Send feedback for YouTube on TV

OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

I don't have this issue but the 2 of you want to slay the messager. Instead of listening to me for a second it was ridicule from both of you. If you can't at least hear someone out then you are afraid that what I have to say is true.

0 Kudos
Mpiatt
Channel Surfer

Please stop. I have the fastest FIBER I can get in my community (1gig) and I have this same problem. All other channels work fine with no buffering. And YouTube works fine on all devices, including my “smart TVs.”

It is not a fiber vs. coax issue! It’s a problem with the Roku YouTube app. All the Rokus in my house behave the same way.

We’re just trying to get this annoying issue fixed and your suggestions are not relevant.