Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pezzypuz

YouTube TV overheats Roku

I keep having this issue on my tv. It's a Hisense Roku tv. Not a Roku streaming stick. Not a Roku device. A tv. I only get the overheating warning when watching YouTube TV. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: YouTube TV overheats Roku

Hi @Pezzypuz,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We understand that you are getting an error message on the screen mentioning overheating when playing content on Youtube TV. We would like to know how to identify and resolve any playback issues.

We recommend starting here to troubleshoot channel issues: Follow these steps in order:

1. Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the * key on your remote, and choose 'Remove channel'.
  2. Next, restart your device from Settings>System>Power>System restart.
  3. After your Roku device restarts, add the channel again.

If the issue persists, please refer to the support article here for additional troubleshooting steps: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

Please let us know if the issue is fixed or reply back to the thread for further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Rob0916

Re: YouTube TV overheats Roku

FYI, this happens on my TCL Roku TV as well. It is positioned with proper ventilation and I have no problems with Peacock or other apps on my Roku tv. I have restarted the tv and uninstalled, then reinstalled the youtube tv app which did not help. We also have a Samsung tv with a roku streaming stick which has never had any problems.

0 Kudos