Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anderfam
Reel Rookie

Re: Cannot Connect with Xfinity Stream

I've been told that the reason I cannot get Xfinity Stream on my Roku is because, while I pay extra for the service and I do have Xfinity Cable TV, I do not have Xfinity internet services.  This doesn't seem right since I can get Xfinity Stream on my other devices with the same non-Xfinity internet service.  It is only on the Roku where I cannot get Xfinity Stream.  Can you verify that this is truly the reason?

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hi @anderfam

Thanks for posting here in the Community.

For more information about that channel's authentication and functionality, you'll want to contact Xfinity support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves.

You can reach their support team here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/contact-us

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
pnova
Channel Surfer

I bought a Roku TV and still have to plug in my Roku Express box to watch Xfinity Stream. It says I don’t have a subscription or I am not on my home network but clearly I am since the box works, just not the TV

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@pnova, did you contact Xfinity since it's really up to them to figure out why their channel/app isn't working.  Roku only supplies the platform.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
pnova
Channel Surfer

No, since it works with the Express Box, but not with the TV app, I presume that they will say the issue is with the TV. 

I called Westinghouse TV Support, which was off shore and useless. As they immediately said it’s not their problem. 

0 Kudos
carljuan
Reel Rookie

i have experienced teh same error.  but what's odd it is worked like a champ for the past six months or so and then just this past wednesday, I got the authentification error.   had not for months.  But only on Roku, not on any other device ... in fact the xfinity tech told me to ditch Roku and get a fire stick, he's so many intermittent issues ....  About to return my brand new Roku Express to Walmart that I was hoping would fix the issue as I had a Roku 3 from 2014,  but alas,  it was not fixed.

had multiple tickets open with Xfinity and Roku - no resolution.   Seems like instead of pointing fingers at each other,  they should talk.  In the meantime,  ditching the Roku which hurts as that's what we used in 2014 to originally 'cut the cord'   

0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

Today, browsing the Xfinity forum, I see someone complaining that Xfinity Stream is not working on his Fire device, but is working fine on his Rokus.

Also, on the first page I see other posts complaining that Xfinity Stream doesn’t work on IPhone, Firestick, Chrome, Firefox, Samsung TV, LG TV, Android devices, and Apple devices.  One guy has had several Xfinity tech visits and replaced his modem twice, replaced outside wiring, and after all that, the latest tech said the problem was “the app”.

So… if you change platforms, don’t be too surprised if Xfinity’s app remains glitchy on the next platform as well.

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
Jebber
Reel Rookie

I had no problem until today.  Now, on two Samsung TVs (one w Roku Ultra and another Express, they show xFinity Streaming on the home page.  I select as I have for at least four years, screen says initializing, then connecting (black screen with Xfinity Streaming in white letter with three white buttons moving - indication connecting).  Then the picture goes to the normal streaming page with Recent Saved Browse and two other option across the bottom of the screen.  It says there for 2-3 seconds, then takes me back to the home page showing all the apps.  On the phone with xFinity for 30 minutes plus. They blame Roku but other than unplug reset, didn't know how to get the xFinity app to open and stay open.

Re: Xfinity Stream Channel Crash Back To Home Screen on Launch

Experiencing the same issue. No help from Roku. Extremely frustrating. Also asking for any assistance.

Polzeath18
Reel Rookie

Re: Xfinity Stream Channel Crash Back To Home Screen on Launch

Same here. All apps are working except xfinity. Came home last night to none of our tvs having working xfinity app. I am currently able to stream using airplay from my iPad. Let’s go Roku! Fix is up to you!