Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Repodog

Re: Xfinity App wont stream on any Roku Device

Jump to solution

Having same problem. Restarted. Deleted readied app. Error code is 500.  Please help,

0 Kudos
lostmail99
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Wish I could help. I tried different things. Nothing worked. Had comcast come out. They didn’t find anything. After about a week, it just started working again.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Repodog,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear about the experience with the Xfinity app having an error code. We appreciate the troubleshooting steps that you have taken so far to try to resolve the issue. Please note that for more information about the channel's errors and functionality, you'll want to contact Xfinity Support directly to inquire further.

Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel providers themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

You can reach them here: Xfinity Support.

Thank you for your understanding.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Sublimefly
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I ended up switching to a firestick for a couple weeks, then when I tested the Roku again it worked normally. Not sure what changed, but it just seems to resolve on its own. It's some sort of communications error where the Roku can't get approval to connect the app to Comcast servers, but that is as far as I got with troubleshooting it before it resolved on its own.

0 Kudos
AB19
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

All of a sudden my Xfinity stream is just buffering on any channel I select. I checked connections, for outages, changed out Roku, deleted and reinstalled app and it just goes to the channel and buffers and also won’t play any saved shows. It tells me to go to on demand to watch and then it still won’t play. I’m so frustrated!! Someone help pls!!

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@AB19, try restarting all of your Xfinity equipment - gateway/mode/router.  Simply unplug the power from everything for several seconds and then perform a "System restart" on your Roku device from Settings->System or Settings->System->Power (as appropriate).

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
AB19
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you but I tried all of that as well. I even changed out the Roku device too. 🤷🏽‍♀️

0 Kudos
aboss521
Reel Rookie

Roku Outage? Xfinity Stream App not loading

Jump to solution

Is Roku experiencing an outage today?The Xfinity Stream app shows the following error message when I try to access Live TV on 4 different TVs. It loads just fine on the mobile app when connected to wifi. I restarted all 4 units and made sure the software was updated. Comcast/Xfinity also did some troubleshooting and determined this is an issue on the Roku side.

0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Outage? Xfinity Stream App not loading

Jump to solution

Hey there, thanks for joining the Roku Community, @aboss521!

We're grateful you contacted us about the issue with your Xfinity stream app. We'd love to help you out. Before we dig deeper, could you please try these steps to see if they make any difference:

1. Remove, restart the device, and add the channel:
    - Go to the Roku home screen
    - Find the app
    - Press the asterisk (*) button on your Roku remote
    - Select "Remove channel"
    - Afterward, restart your Roku device (you can do this through the Settings menu by going to Settings > System > Power > System restart)
    - Lastly, reinstall the Peacock app from the Roku Channel Store.
  2. Check for Roku system updates:
    -Go to Settings > System > System update on your Roku device and select "Check now" to ensure it runs the latest software version. If there are any updates available, proceed with the installation.
  3. Clear cache and data:
    - From the Roku home screen, go to Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Network connection reset
    - Choose "Reset connection" and then restart your Roku device. This step can help clear any temporary cache or data-causing issues.
  4. Check your internet connection:
    - Ensure your Roku Express is connected to a stable internet connection. You can test your internet connection by going to Settings > Network > Check connection on your Roku device. If your connection is weak or unstable, try restarting your router or contacting your internet service provider for assistance.

Just a heads up: On a Roku TV with "Fast TV Start" enabled, turning the TV off/on only puts it in/out of a low-power standby state; it does not give it a complete restart. So please use the methods above.

Thanks for your cooperation!

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
pm-pro

Jump to solution

This worked on both of my Roku devices that were experiencing the same issue:

From the Roku home screen, go to Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Network connection reset....then choose "Reset connection" and then restart your Roku device. After restart, reconnect your Roku to your home WIFI and try accessing Xfinity again.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.