Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gloriana35
Channel Surfer

Why is My Retroflix not loading?

The My Retroflix option appears in the channel store, yet, whenever I try to open it, I receive a message that it is 'temporarily unavailable, possibly because of a slow Internet connection.' There is nothing wrong with my WiFi, and I have no problem accessing other channels.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: Why is My Retroflix not loading?

Hi @gloriana35

Thank you for the post!

Does the issue only occur on Retroflix or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

Have you tried removing the affected channel Retroflix and then re-install again? If not, we suggest starting there. In some cases, removing the affected channel and then re-installing it may help. Restart your device before re-adding the channel back in to ensure the process is successful. We recommend doing this through the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If there is no Power submenu, proceed to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link for more information: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support.

Let us know if there's any difference after.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
gloriana35
Channel Surfer

I already removed the channel and installed it again, and updated, and received the same message. There is nothing wrong with my WiFi or any other channels. It said 'temporarily out of service,' but then mentioned 'possible slow Internet connection.'

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi  @gloriana35

Thank you for the post.

To ensure the process of removing and re-adding the Retroflix is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > System restart > Restart. However, if it still has no dice and the issue is only with the channel alone, this is a good indication that there is likely an issue within that specific channel that will need to be addressed with an update from the channel publisher. Channels on Roku are created and maintained by each channel publisher. In this case, you'll want to reach out to Retroflix directly to share your feedback.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos